When Link first approaches Impa's House in Kakariko Village, Cado and his fellow guard Dorian will take a defensive stance and demand he identify himself. However, he then notices the Sheikah Slate on Link's belt and realizes who the young hero must be. The two relax their stances and Dorian apologizes, inviting the young hero inside to see Impa. Cado and Dorian will step aside to allow Link passage and Cado will again apologize. He admits they are on guard due to the Yiga Clan. Link can ask about them to learn the history of both the Sheikah and Yiga. Cado will describe how their technology was once used against Calamity Ganon, but then was considered too dangerous. With their people exiled, Cado explains that while some were able to move on, others were embittered and formed the Yiga Clan. He declares that he and Dorian are stationed to protect Impa against a possible attack from them. Cado asks that Link take caution in his travels as the Yiga are likely to wish him harm. He reminds the hero not to underestimate them as an opponent.
Once Link has had his first meeting with Impa, Cado and Dorian will begin to take shifts guarding her home. At noon, Cado will head home to his Cuccos, whom he refers to very affectionately. However, Cado is utterly shocked and horrified to find that most of the birds have flown away. The man is so dismayed by their absence that he breaks down into tears, explaining that his wife has left him and the Cuccos are all he has. Cado has difficulty holding himself together, startling Link with his sudden sobbing. Link can try to reassure him that they will return, but he replies that he has also been waiting for his wife to return as well. Speaking to him again has him despairing over the idea that his Cuccos have decided to leave him the way his wife did. Cado breaks down into sobs again, but Link can volunteer to search for them to cheer him up, and to begin the Side Quest, "Flown the Coop".
Once the Quest is completed, Cado will continue to watch over his Cuccos until late into the night. He admits that while he is nervous about leaving them alone, he knows he needs his sleep. Any other time Link comes by to see him, Cado is okay with his Cuccos hopping the fence and exploring, mentioning that they can be used to fly. Link can ask him about the fact and Cado will proudly declare that it is true. He happily describes the feeling of flying with a Cucco.
Cado's name is derived from Avocado.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Vocah||A play on "avocat", French for Avocado.|
|FrenchEU||Vocah||A play on "avocat", French for Avocado.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "[They'll come back...] My wife left me a while ago... All this time I've been waiting for her to come back. Ha. Joke's on me. Ha... Ha ha..." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Cado" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "You there! Who are you?! How dare you trespass upon Lady Impa's abode!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? Is that...a Sheikah Slate? But that would mean you are... No, it's not possible. Can it be?" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Please forgive us for behaving so rudely." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Of course we have heard he legends from Lady Impa herself. Please, friend... Go ahead and step inside." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Though it was simple ignorance, I must apologize again for my actions." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lately the Yiga Clan has been stirring up trouble. We are all on high alert. Still... That is no excuse for my behavior." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "We of the Sheikah tribe have long been heralded as a people of great wisdom. Our technology became the key to sealing Ganon away during the Great Calamity, some ten thousand years ago." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "At one point, our technology was praised as the power of the gods...but eventually the people turned on it. Turned on us. Our creations came to be viewed as a threat to the kingdom. The Sheikah became outcasts, forced into exile." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Some, like us, chose to cast off our technological advances and strove to live normal lives." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Others formed a hatred toward the kingdom that shunned them. These sad souls swore their allegiance to Ganon. They now call themselves the Yiga Clan." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Recently, the Yiga Clan has been acting suspiciously... It is our duty to protect Lady Impa." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Their sole mission is to eliminate all who stand against Ganon. Please, dear hero...be careful out there." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "To the Yiga Clan, anyone who so much as feels bitterness toward Ganon is an enemy. Do not underestimate them." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "I must be going soon. They'll be waiting for me, my little ones..." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sir... Sir Link... My Cuccos... My precious Cuccos... They haven't come home yet!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that my wife wants nothing to do with me, my Cuccos are my only emotional support..." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Waaaah... What do I doooo... AAAARRRRGH!!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Waaah... Sir Link... Could it be that my little Cuccos have stopped loving me just like my wife? My Cuccos... It can't be so... Where are you, my sweet Cuccos... My poor Cuccos..." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'll go find them!] Really? Thank you so much!!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "As I was watching my Cuccos... the day just passed me by. Now it's late!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ever since what happened, I'm afraid to leave them. But I have some work to do tonight, so I'd better go get some rest." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah! Link! Because of you, my Cuccos are out there playing happily. So, what do you think? Aren't they special? And to think, you can fly them anywhere!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Of course! Didn't you know that? A Cucco that can't fly would be...just a glorified chicken! How boring!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, the moment when you take hold of a precious Cucco and leap off an edge... Oh, how your stomach flutters! It's truly my greatest joy in life." — Cado (Breath of the Wild)