Please take a moment to fill out this survey on your gaming habits!
Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda
|Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda|
Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda is a game for the Nintendo Switch, developed by Brace Yourself Games. It is a crossover spin-off of The Legend of Zelda series and Crypt of the NecroDancer. The game is a roguelike, dungeon crawling, action-adventure rhythm game. It was officially announced during a Nindies Showcase on March 20, 2019.
The game combines the world of The Legend of Zelda with the gameplay of Crypt of the NecroDancer. Players can choose to play as Cadence, Link, or Zelda to move through procedurally generated overworld and dungeons following the rhythm of 25 remixed The Legend of Zelda tracks to move, attack, and defend against classic The Legend of Zelda enemies.
Cadence of Hyrule was initially to be DLC for Crypt of the NecroDancer but became a full release.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ケイデンス・オブ・ハイラル: クリプト・オブ・ネクロダンサー feat. ゼルダの伝説 (Keidensu Obu Hairaru: Kuriputo Obu Nekurodansā Fīto. Zeruda No Densetsu)||Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda|
- Nintendo, Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Ft. The Legend of Zelda - Nintendo E3 2019, YouTube (Video), published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Nintendo 公式チャンネル, ケイデンス・オブ・ハイラル: クリプト・オブ・ネクロダンサー feat. ゼルダの伝説 [E3 2019 出展映像], YouTube (Video), published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Nintendo UK, Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring The Legend of Zelda - E3 2019 Trailer, YouTube (Video), published June 11, 2019, retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Nintendo, Nindies Showcase Spring 2019, YouTube (Video), published March 20, 2019, retrieved March 20, 2019.
- "In the latest rhythmic action-adventure from Brace Yourself Games, you can enjoy the gameplay of Crypt of the Necrodancer in the setting of The Legend of Zelda series. As Link—or even as Princess Zelda—you'll explore the randomly generated overworld and dungeons on a quest to save Hyrule. Every beat of each remixed, The Legend of Zelda tune is a chance to move, attack, defend, and more, so stay one step ahead of each enemy and boss...or face the music. Cadence of Hyrule is coming Spring 2019!" — Nintendo, Cadence of Hyrule - Crypt of the Necrodancer ft. The Legend of Zelda - Nintendo Switch, YouTube.
- "“We were considering making a new Nintendo Switch project,” Clark explained to me “and we imagined how cool it would be to have Zelda characters appearing in NecroDancer; say as DLC.” But Nintendo’s interest apparently grew beyond a simple DLC. “To our surprise, Nintendo was extremely interested in the prospect, and before we knew it we were working on a completely new title, mashing up NecroDancer with The Legend of Zelda!”" — Tom Marks, How an Indie Developer Is Making an Official Zelda Game, IGN.
- Eddie Makuch, The Game Awards 2019 Winners: Sekiro Takes Game Of The Year, GameSpot, published December 13, 2019, retrieved December 13, 2019.