Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Game(s)||A Link to the Past|
|Other Media||A Link to the Past (Cagiva)|
Bunny Link is a form of Link in A Link to the Past, appearing as a fluffy pink rabbit wearing a green tunic. Link is transformed into this form as a result of entering the Dark World, which changes people to reflect their true nature.
When Link climbs Death Mountain on his quest to find the three Pendants of Virtue, he finds a portal in the north-east side of the mountain that teleports him to the Dark World's counterpart. Without the Moon Pearl, Link finds himself transformed into Bunny Link. A Bully and his Friend nearby explain to him how the world transforms anyone who enters in reflection of their true nature. Once Link obtains the Moon Pearl from the Tower of Hera, he will no longer transform into Bunny Link whenever he enters the Dark World.
In certain Dark World dungeons, Link can temporarily be transformed into a rabbit regardless if he has the Moon Pearl by coming in contact with rotating, golden star-shaped objects called Rabbit Beams. However, this change wears off after a few seconds or after being hit by an enemy.
- Even after obtaining the Blue or Red Mail, Link will continue to wear a green tunic as a rabbit.
- Ravio from A Link Between Worlds may be a homage to Bunny Link, as his mask has a rabbit motif and he originates from Lorule, a land that is nearly identical to the Dark World.
- "Everyone who wanders into this land is changed to a shape that reflects his true nature." — Bully's Friend (A Link to the Past)
- "The Moon Pearl will protect its bearer from the magical air of the Golden Land, so you can keep your human shape there." — Great Fairy (A Link to the Past)
- "An orb known as the Moon Pearl rests in this tower. He who holds the Moon Pearl is protected, and his form will not change in the Dark World." — Sahasrahla (A Link to the Past)
- "But if you have a ball called the Moon Pearl, you can keep your original shape here." — Bully's Friend (A Link to the Past)