Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, the Bug-Catching Kid is a resident of Kakariko Village. He caught a cold from the evil air that has been coming down off Death Mountain. As a result, he has to stay in his bed until he recovers. Due to him not being able to go outside to play, the Bug-Catching Kid lends Link his Bug Catching Net until he feels better. During the ending credits, the Bug-Catching Kid recovers from his sickness and can be seen outside with his net.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, the Bug-Catching Kid can be found in the Kakariko Village stage. His house can only be accessed after the Links make the rain fall on the village. The boy will reward the Links with 250 Force Gems and tells them that his Bug Catching Net got burned up. During the ending credits, the Bug-Catching Kid is seen playing in the Lost Woods with his net.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Ragazzo della Retina||Net Boy|
- "There is a sick boy resting in the house just to the north of the Inn. This boy has a Bug-Catching Net which he will give to Link to use." (A Link to the Past Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 148)
- "The boy inside the house at point 9 will tell you that he buried some treasure in the yard." (Four Swords Adventures Player's Guide (Nintendo Power), pg. 62)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 228 (ALttP)
- "I can't go out 'cause I'm sick... Cough cough... People say I caught this cold from the evil air that is coming down off the mountain... Sniff sniff... This is my bug-catching net. I'll use it when I'm better, but for now, I'll lend it to you." — Bug-Catching Kid (A Link to the Past)
- "Cough cough... Did... Did you put out the fires? I'm always getting sick, and when those thugs started the fires...cough... I had to stay locked away in here for my health. I'd like to give you something for rescuing our village. There's a treasure buried in a pit in my yard. You'll get more out of it than I ever will. So cough...I want you to have it." — Bug-Catching Kid (Four Swords Adventures)
- "My most special treasure, my bug catching net... It got burned up... It's so sad. I used to dream about going to the forest with it when I got better." — Bug-Catching Kid (Four Swords Adventures)