Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Bridge of Eldin
|Bridge of Eldin|
Features and Overview
In Twilight Princess, the Bridge of Eldin is a bridge found north of Kakariko Village. It crosses a deep gorge where Zora's River runs through, essentially connecting the Eldin Province to a path leading to the Lanayru Province. It also serves as the main access road to the Hidden Village.
After King Bulblin suddenly kidnaps Colin from Kakariko Village, he makes his way to the Bridge of Eldin, with Link in pursuit. Here, the two engage in horseback combat in which Link comes out victorious and rescues Colin from the Bulblin's grasp. Once the young hero clears the Goron Mines and crosses this Bridge en route to the next province, a significant portion of the Bridge is removed by Zant's Shadow Beasts, thus blocking the path. Defeating the beasts causes a Twilight Portal to be created, but it cannot be used due to the Bridge's removal.
Link eventually finds what appears to be the removed section of the Bridge of Eldin in the western part of the Gerudo Desert, right on the Gerudo Mesa. With the aid of Midna, the young hero warps back to the area where the Bridge of Eldin was removed, taking the section with them. However, if Link did not defeat the Shadow Beasts that appeared after the Bridge was removed, the portal will not appear and thus they will be unable to warp the missing section of the Bridge. Once the portal is created, Midna will place the section back where it belongs, allowing Link to cross the Bridge again.
Once Link receives the Ancient Sky Book from Shad, he will have to return to the Bridge of Eldin in order to receive a Sky Character from the Owl Statue situated in the northern section of the bridge. Moreover, by transporting the statue to the other side of the Bridge and situating it exactly below a certain ledge will allow Link to jump over and obtain a Piece of Heart.
A male Golden Phasmid can also be found in the northern portion of the Bridge of Eldin.
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild, the Bridge of Eldin is a bridge that crosses over Death Mountain's lava moat in the Eldin Region, connecting Death Mountain with Eldin Canyon. It is denoted as Death Mountain Marker #8. A road leading from Goron City paves the way to the Bridge through the Abandoned North Mine and Stolock Bridge. On the western side of the Bridge of Eldin is a Cannon, one of many stationed around Death Mountain that the Gorons use to drive away Divine Beast Vah Rudania.
The Bridge is initially inaccessible as Bludo, the Gorons' Boss, had drew the Bridge to prevent Vah Rudania from crossing over. After Link saves Yunobo a second time from a pair of Black Moblins at the Bridge's Cannon, and informs him of Bludo's inability to come and use the Cannon, the two decide to attack Vah Rudania themselves so that Link can board it. Yunobo uses Daruk's Protection and instructs Link to fire him at the Bridge using the Cannon to lower it. From there on, the Bridge becomes accessible.
Link's Crossbow Training
In Link's Crossbow Training, the Bridge of Eldin appears as a Defender Mode scenario in Level 6. Link is chased by Bokoblins, some riding on Bullbos and firing flaming arrows. Kargaroks and Bokoblins will also chase after him. Link's mission is to safely cross the Bridge.
- In Twilight Princess during the horseback portion of the battle against Ganondorf, the Bridge will appear destroyed regardless of whether or not it was repaired.
- In some copies of Twilight Princess, there is a game breaking glitch which prevents Link from advancing to the Lanayru Province. If the game is saved and then quit after the Bridge has been destroyed, but before entering the Twilight, Link will appear on the south side of the bridge after opening the file, making it impossible to continue through the game.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||オルディン橋 (Orudin Bashi) (BotW)||Ordin Bridge|
|Dutch||Eldinbrug (SSBU)||Eldin Bridge|
|FrenchCA||Pont d'Ordinn (SSBU)||Bridge of Ordinn|
|FrenchEU||Pont d'Ordinn (TP | SSBU)||Bridge of Ordinn|
|German||Brücke von Eldin (SSBU)||Bridge of Eldin|
|Italian||Il ponte di Oldin (SSBU)||The bridge of Oldin|
|Korean||올딘대교 (Oldin Daegyo) (SSBU)||Eldin Bridge|
|Russian||Мост Элдина (Most Eldina)||Eldin Bridge|
|SpanishEU||Gran Puente de Eldin||Great Bridge of Eldin|
|SpanishLA||Gran Puente de Eldin (SSBU)||Great Bridge of Eldin|
- "Bridge of Eldin" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "He should be at Eldin Bridge." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I would try to find the path beyond the Bridge of Eldin that leads to Lanayru Province." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- "What is this thing? It does seem to be man-made. I wonder what it is? Why is it there? It doesn't look like it's been there long, does it?" — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "Death Mountain Marker #8
Bridge of Eldin" — Sign (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't tell ya how many times we've used the cannon to chase off that fiend." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "The problem is...good ol' Boss raised the Bridge of Eldin to make sure that mean Divine Beast couldn't get over here." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "WHAT?! You're gonna try to board the Divine Beast? Who do you think you are...Lord Daruk? It's dangerous in there, goro! Though I guess if you weakened it first, it might be possible... But...why risk it?! [...] Hmm. Well, I don't really get it, but I'm sure you have your reasons, goro..." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! It occurs to me that YOU know how to use the cannons! Don't you, goro? Maybe we CAN get across after all... So let's just do what I do to help Boss sometimes. That means I'm gonna be the cannonball! And you'll launch me, goro! [...] I've got Daruk's Protection, goro! My ancestor's help can't possibly fail me!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "So rest easy, got it? Well, go on then! Take aim at the Bridge of Eldin and fire away, goro!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
|Hyrule in Twilight Princess|
|Click on a location|