Bow of Light
|Bow of Light|
The Bow of Light from Breath of the Wild
|Use(s)||Shooting Light Arrows|
|Comparable Item(s)||Twilight Bow|
- 1 Location and Uses
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Nomenclature
- 4 Gallery
- 5 References
Location and Uses
The Minish Cap
The Bow of Light is obtained alongside the Light Arrows in The Minish Cap. To obtain them, Link must fuse Kinstones with the Stranger, a man who lives in a house in western Hyrule Town. This will open a portal in South Hyrule Field that leads to the Tower of Winds in the Cloud Tops. Here, Link must use the Gust Jar to suck in the ghost circling Gregal, who will thank the hero with the Light Arrows and the Bow of Light for saving his life. If Gregal is not saved by the time Cloud Tops is reached via Veil Falls, he will have passed away and the Bow of Light will be impossible to obtain. Holding an Arrow with the Bow of Light will charge up the Light Arrow; if the Light Arrows are not charged, they will act as normal Arrows.
The Bow of Light appears in the horseback phase of Ganondorf's battle in Twilight Princess. After Princess Zelda asks the Spirits of Light for a weapon against Ganondorf, she receives Light Arrows for the Bow of Light. When riding on Epona, Link must lock on to Ganondorf so Princess Zelda can fire the Bow of Light at Ganondorf to stun him, allowing Link to attack him with the Master Sword.
The Bow of Light is obtained after defeating Skeldritch in the Sand Temple in Spirit Tracks. The Bow was once wielded by the Spirits of Good during their War against the Demon King, Malladus. Following the Spirit War, the Bow of Light was placed in the depths of the Sand Temple deep in the heart of the Sand Realm. If the Bow of Light is held down long enough, Light will be infused into an Arrow, turning it into a Light Arrow. If released quickly, the Bow will shoot a normal Arrow.
In the battle within the Dark Realm, Link must use the Bow of Light to shoot Malladus while Princess Zelda holds him in place, banishing Malladus' presence from the Princess' body. When Malladus takes over the body of Chancellor Cole, Link must distract the Demon King long enough for Princess Zelda to shoot a weak spot on his back with the Bow of Light, eventually creating an opening for Link to destroy Malladus' two horns protecting a crystal on his head. This leaves the crystal exposed, allowing Link to destroy it with the Lokomo Sword.
A Link Between Worlds
The Bow of Light is obtained during the fight against Yuga Ganon in A Link Between Worlds. After being successfully struck, Yuga Ganon merges into a wall, thus becoming invulnerable. At this point, Princess Zelda, speaking through her Painting, gives Link the Bow of Light. While wall merged, Link must shoot Light Arrows into Yuga Ganon's back to stun him, at which point he is forced to emerge from the wall and is left vulnerable to Sword strikes. Once this process is repeated twice more, Yuga Ganon is defeated.
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
The Bow of Light is given to Link by Zelda before the final battle against Dark Beast Ganon in Breath of the Wild. It has an attack power of 100, fires infinite Light Arrows, and has infinite durability. Once obtained, Link must wait for Zelda to weaken Ganon's power, then shoot Light Arrows with the Bow of Light in the weak spots Zelda creates. Once Ganon is sufficiently weakened, an eye representing its very core and essence will appear on its forehead. If Link shoots Ganon's core with the Bow of Light, it will totally destroy Ganon's physical form.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||光の弓 (Hikari no Yumi)||Same as English|
|French||Arc de lumière||Same as English|
|German||Licht-Bogen||Same as English|
|Italian||Arco di luce (ALBW)||Same as English|
|Spanish||Arco de Luz||Same as English|
|SpanishLA||Arco y flechas de luz (ALBW)||Bow and arrows of light|
- "In Twilight Princess, Zelda summons Light Arrows and the Bow of Light from the Light Spirits. They are essential in the fight against the King of Evil, Ganondorf." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 89)
- "Goodness! We rarely get visitors here. Tell me, how did you get here?" — Girl from the Wind Tribe (The Minish Cap)
- "Oh, it's Link! Thank you for your help earlier! I've got something else good for you, so here, please take it!" — Gregal (The Minish Cap)
- "In the battle between the Demon King and the spirits, there was a weapon called the Bow of Light... Perhaps it can drive his spirit from your body." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "Go to the final temple, the Sand Temple. The Bow of Light is located deep inside." — Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
- "You distract Malladus, Link. When I see an opportunity, I'll shoot him in the back with the Bow of Light." — Princess Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
- "A bow used by the princess who fought the beasts of twilight alongside the hero. It's said to contain the spirits of light's power. It fires arrows straight and true, as if beams of light." — Inventory Description (Breath of the Wild)