Boss Remains from Majora's Mask 3D
|Use(s)||Instant access to boss rooms|
Boss Remains are quest items in Majora's Mask.
Uses and Location
Boss Remains are Masks that imprison each of Termina's Four Giants. When Link defeats a dungeon boss, he acquires one of the four Boss Remains and is transported to the Chamber of Giants, where he encounters one of the Four Giants. After starting a new three-day cycle, the remains allow Link to teleport to the boss room of each temple without having to navigate the entire dungeon again. In Majora's Mask 3D, the Remains are not required for this; simply challenging the boss once will activate the portal, so Link can try again without having to go back through the dungeon. The Boss Remains represent the dark masks that imprisoned each of the Four Giants within the evil bodies of their respective captors. Despite the fact that they are masks, the Boss Remains cannot be worn by Link. They are, however, worn by the Moon Children.
Odolwa is the masked jungle warrior boss of Woodfall Temple. When Link cleanses the Woodfall Temple for the first time and acquires Odolwa's Remains, the first Giant is freed from his captivity and meets Link in the Giant's Chamber, where he teaches Link and Tatl the "Oath to Order."
Goht is the masked mechanical monster boss of Snowhead Temple. When Link cleanses the Snowhead Temple for the first time and acquires Goht's Remains, the second Giant is freed and meets Link in the Giant's Chamber, where he reveals the Giants' nature as protective gods.
The child Inside the Moon wearing Goht's Remains will play Hide-and-Seek with Link in a Snowhead-themed dungeon with usage of the Goron Mask after he trades him two masks.
Gyorg is the gargantuan masked fish boss of Great Bay Temple. When Link cleanses the Great Bay Temple for the first time and acquires Gyorg's Remains, the third Giant is freed and meets Link in the Giant's Chamber, where Tatl implores the Giants to intervene on behalf of the world on the condition that she and Link free the last Giant.
The child Inside the Moon wearing Gyorg's Remains will play Hide-and-Seek with Link in a Great Bay-themed dungeon with usage of the Zora Mask after he trades him three masks.
Twinmold is the giant masked insect boss of Stone Tower Temple. When Link cleanses the Stone Tower Temple for the first time and acquires Twinmold's Remains, the fourth and final Giant is freed and meets Link in the Giant's Chamber, where the Giants agree to help Link and Tatl but ask them to forgive the Skull Kid.
The child Inside the Moon wearing Twinmold's Remains will play Hide-and-Seek with Link in a Stone Tower-themed dungeon for him to defeat in his Hylian form after he trades him four masks.
- Odolwa's Remains appear in Anju's Grandmother's story about the Carnival of Time. It is attached to the side of the festival tower.
- The icon for Gyorg's Remains is not properly centered in the Quest Status screen in the Japanese 1.0 version of Majora's Mask.
- "You've seized [Boss Name]'s Remains! You have just freed the innocent spirit that this dark mask had kept imprisoned within the body of evil [Boss Name]." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Ye who hold my remains... Return to the appointed place to face me..." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Odolwa's Remains: The remains of the boss in Woodfall Temple." — Inventory description (Majora's Mask)
- "Wait...Listen... It seems to be saying something... Could that crying be its way of teaching us some sort of melody? Don't just stand there... Get your instrument... "Call us." ...That's what it's saying." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Goht's Remains: The remains of the boss in Snowhead Temple." — Inventory description (Majora's Mask)
- "W-What exactly are all of you? "Guardians." Guardians? So...You're protective gods? That's why you're in the temples... But...why are the protective gods...? No, wait! Are you listening to me? Hey! Wait..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Gyorg's Remains: The remains of the boss in Great Bay Temple." — Inventory description (Majora's Mask)
- "Hey, listen. We want you to lend us your power! If you just leave things as they are, something terrible will happen to this world! Surely, you're the only ones who can stop it! That's what Tael was trying to tell us! "Help our friend." I get it. We have to help the last one! Then promise us this... You'll cooperate with us..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Twinmold's Remains: The remains of the boss in Stone Tower Temple." — Inventory description (Majora's Mask)
- "Well, we've helped all of you. That's all we can do. "Call us." That's what they're saying. Without being told, we understand. So now you'll help us out in exchange! We'll call you from atop the Clock Tower, so do something about him, all right? What? Their voices sound sad... You don't want to? "Forgive your friend." Forgive our friend? What do you mean by forgive? Huh? What friend?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- darkeye14, Japanese Majora's Mask v1.0 Version Differences, YouTube, published October 16, 2010.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Odolwa's Remains||Goht's Remains||Gyorg's Remains||Twinmold's Remains|
|French||Restes d'Odolwa||Restes de Rhork||Restes de Gyorg||Restes de Skorn|
|German||Odolwas Vermächtnis||Gohts Vermächtnis||Gyorgs Vermächtnis||Twinmolds Vermächtnis|
|Italian||Spoglie di Odolwa (MM3D)||Spoglie di Goht (MM3D)||Spoglie di Gyorg (MM3D)||Spoglie di Twinmold (MM3D)|
|Spanish||Restos de Odolwa||Restos de Goht||Restos de Gyorg||Restos de Twinmold|
|Masks in Majora's Mask|