|Era||Era of Twilight|
Dr. Borville is the only doctor in Hyrule Castle Town, who carries a severe prejudice against any patient that is not Hylian. Hence, he refuses to treat Ralis, a Zora, despite treating Ilia. Despite his ethnic discrimination, he charges a large Rupee copay for his services. Ironically, Borville himself owes Telma a sizable amount of Rupees for undisclosed reasons. In the same vein, he does not like talking to people unless they are clearly of high wealth. Borville is inherently shifty, yet so confident about his work that he claims that his colleagues and patients call his hands the "Golden Mitts."
Dr. Borville reluctantly participates in the quest towards the Retrieval of Ilia's Memory, which was lost as a result of King Bulblin's abduction of the Ordon children early on in the game. By giving him the Invoice, he will reveal the location of the Wooden Statue. Unbeknownst to Borville, Link will find the Medicine Scent in his own house, which is another crucial object used to help Ilia retrieve her lost memories.
- According to Dr. Borville's trading card, he owes Telma 76,480,000 Rupees. This number is similar to the one found on the Invoice, which is presumed to be the number of Rupees Borville owes to Telma.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||町医者 (Machi Isha)||Town Doctor|
- "Hmmm, what else do I know... The first one to bring Ilia to this shop was that doctor... Maybe he knows something, but he's a crusty old bat, that's for sure... Ah... I've got it! Honey, you go ahead and take this to him. This magic little paper will get that codger talking! It sure would be nice if she started remembering things soon, eh, Link?" — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 276 (TP)
- "That is a Zora child! That is beyond my expertise! Hmmmph!" — Dr. Borville (Twilight Princess)
- "L-Look! I can't pay this off right now! I can see Telma's hired you as some sort of heavy to strong-arm me, but she'll have to wait! Look, lad, if I'd been able to sell the wooden statue that young lady had, I would've been able to get the money..." — Dr. Borville (Twilight Princess)
- "Just as I wondered who it might be, I see it's the admirable young lad who was willing to help the Zora boy for nary a single Rupee... Just what is it you want, lad? A physical? You've some money, don't you?" — Dr. Borville (Twilight Princess)
- "If you don't have any money, then you're just a bother! A bother! And I'm too busy for bothers!" — Dr. Borville (Twilight Princess)
- "Why, I'm so skilled, they call my hands "The Golden Mitts"!" — Dr. Borville (Twilight Princess)
- "He is the only doctor in Castle Town and spends much time at Telma's Bar, where he has a whooping 76,480,000 Rupee tab." — Trading Card