Bludo is the Boss of the Gorons in the Eldin region and the Boss and founder of the Goron Group Mining Company. He lives in Goron City in a small shanty at the City's eastern end. Bludo has a number of Cannons around Eldin that he is able to operate. Whenever the Divine Beast Vah Rudania starts terrorizing the Gorons, he and his partner, Yunobo, leave to drive away the Divine Beast. Working in tandem, Bludo operates the Cannons while Yunobo acts as the cannonball while using Daruk's Protection. Yet despite their many attempts, Vah Rudania always returns.
When Link arrives at Goron City, he meets Bludo there, who explains to him the Divine Beast Vah Rudania and how it has been terrorizing the Goron populace. Their conversation is then interrupted when Bludo's back suddenly throws out. Bludo was planning to drive away Vah Rudania again, but is unable while his back hurts. He says that Yunobo went to the Abandoned North Mine to retrieve painkillers. However, to Bludo's annoyance, Yunobo has yet to return. He asks Link to send Yunobo back if he finds him.
After Link returns from saving Yunobo, he meets with Bludo again at Goron City. Bludo is surprised to hear that Link does not know who the Goron Champion Daruk is, and points to a stone statue of him overlooking the City. This invokes a Memory of Daruk in Link. Although Bludo is confused, he adds that Yunobo is a descendant of Daruk, and is thus able to use his ability. Just as Bludo is about to leave to meet up with Yunobo, his back breaks again despite taking the painkillers. With no other choice, he is forced to cancel and tells Link to inform Yunobo at the Bridge of Eldin.
Later, after Link has returned control of Vah Rudania to Daruk's spirit, he meets with Yunobo at Goron City who tells him that Bludo wants to see him, and should not be kept waiting. Bludo thanks Link for all he has done, but also teases him that he should have let him fight Vah Rudania now that his back is healed. Bludo then entrusts Link with the Boulder Breaker, a sword that Daruk once used, which he keeps in a Treasure Chest inside his house. If Link does not already have the Master Sword, Bludo will also add that Link should go find it.
- "Well, if Boss can't help, there's nothin' else we can do. I suppose I'll just head back now..." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, my name's Bludo. I'm the great Goron Boss who's fearsome enough to silence a crying child! Or to make a silenced child cry, either way." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books), pg. 121
- "HEY! Stooop that! That's Boss's cannon! Don't you daaaare touch that lever!" — Drak (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huh? You used Boss's cannon?! That thing is so difficult to use. I thought only Boss could handle it!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "So let's just do what I do to help Boss sometimes. That means I'm gonna be the cannonball! And you'll launch me, goro!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't tell ya how many times we've used the cannon to chase off that fiend. But it always comes back!!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "With Rudania runnin' wild recently, Death Mountain's eruptions have gotten real bad. Do ya see Rudania stompin' around up there on the mountain? They say that 100 years ago, it actually used to protect our people from harm... but that was then, and this is now! Now all it does is mess up our mining operations! We're all suffering because it's stoppin' us from doin' business!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmph, it's just some back pain..." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was plann' to drive off Rudania like I always do, but then this blasted pain in my back flared up outta nowhere..." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "He went to grab some painkillers for my back from the Abandoned North Mine, but he hasn't come back yet... Slacker... I bet he's off somewhere wastin' time..." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Are ya really tellin' me that ya don't know about Daruk? The Goron Champion?! See that statue up there? That's Daruk!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "...What's gotten into you? Hylians sure are strange. Anyway, Yunobo is actually a descendant of the great Daruk. That's why that slacker can even use Daruk's Protection!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "All right, that's enough outta me. Time to go drive off Rudania! Arrrgh... Youch... Owwwowow... Oh, yeah. Just peachy. Dumb traveler. OF COURSE I'm not OK." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Owww... Arghhh... I'm afraid I won't be goin' anywhere today. I hate to put you on the spot, but... can ya please go tell Yunobo that I'm gonna have to cancel for today? He should be at the Eldin Bridge." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! That's right! I talked to Boss about you, and he said to bring you to him! An order from Boss can't be refused. Move it, goro!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm? Hey! It's you! Yunobo told me everything. You really are somethin' else, brother. Ya know that? I can't believe you conquered Rudania... Color me impressed. But good grief...did ya have to do it when my back pain went away? I was all ready and rarin' to go at Rudania myself! Now you've gone and made it look like I was just fibbin' about my back pain this whole time! Imagine that! ME! GWA HA HA HA!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "...Oh, right! I've still gotta thank you, brother! There's some treasure in my house. Grab it. Keep it. It's yours. It's a sharp blade that Daruk himself once wielded. I'm sure you'll be able to make good use out of it!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "However... Well, as a Hylian, you probably already know this, but... Apparently, 100 years ago, the Hylian Champion had a legendary blade—the sword that seals the darkness. They say the sword sleeps in a forest somewhere... Waiting... I bet you'd like to find it, eh? You should go lookin'!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)