Blind the Thief
|Blind the Thief|
Palace of the Four Sword
Cane of Somaria
Blind was the photosensitive leader of a gang of Thieves from the Light World, situated in his hideout in Kakariko Village. Blind, and his thieves worked at night, leading a massive crime wave across Hyrule. At some point, Blind was lured into the Dark World by his desire for the Triforce. As a result of his greed, Blind was transformed into a demonic being by the Dark World's power. Blind became what appeared to be a flame-red demon with arms of pure flame, wearing a tattered white robe. Making his new hideout in Thieves' Town, Blind rarely left the darkness of his hideout due to the light outside, leaving the dirty work to his thief gang. Becoming a loyal minion of Ganon, Blind was entrusted with guarding the fourth Maiden.
Blind assumes his true form once he touches the light, beginning the battle. To defeat Blind, Link has to slash at him repeatedly with the sword, or use the Cane of Somaria to place a block for the head to fly into, until his body collapses. His head continues to fly around the room, spitting fireballs at Link. Eventually, the body reconstructs and grows a new head. Each time Blind's body is reconstructed, the flying head will remain. This in turn makes the battle grow a bit more difficult for the hero, as he will have to strive to dodge these heads. After Blind's body collapses for the third and final time, the true maiden is freed and Link receives a Heart Container.
In the Game Boy Advance version, Blind returns in the Palace of the Four Sword. He impersonates Link's Uncle before revealing his true form. This time, Blind's heads must be reflected back into his body. When Blind's health is low, his heads turn green and become faster.
His name may be derived from the term "robbed blind", which is also coupled with his title as a thief.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Aveugle le Bandit||Blind the Bandit|
|Italian||Cieco il Ladrone||Blind the Big Thief|
- "Those who stepped on the Magical Warp Tiles that served as entrances would be lost to the Dark World, transformed into demons. Link, who possessed the qualities of the Hero, did not become a demon, but was instead turned into an animal (in this case, a pink bunny). He managed to obtain the Moon Pearl, which prevented him from being transformed while in the Dark World, and the Magic Mirror, which allowed him to return to the Light World." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 95)
- "Yo Link! This house used to be a hideout for a gang of thieves! What was their leader's name... Oh yeah, his name was Blind and he hated bright light a lot." — Man in Blind's Hideout (A Link to the Past)
- "The upper floor of Blind the Thief's hideout is simply furnished and brightly lit. Villagers claim that Blind and his men worked by night, hauling in treasure and hiding it in the basement. Only a small part of his booty has been found since he left, so some think that he must have had another secret hiding place somewhere in the house." (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.) pg. 39)
- "Blind the Thief leads his ruthless robbers on a crime spree, hitting houses clear across the country. His hideout is here in the village, but there are rumors that he has fled to parts unknown, leaving much of his treasure behind." (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.) pg. 39)
- "The dark dungeon home of Blind the Thief was under the Village of Outcasts. Blind was afraid of bright light and he never left the confines of the dungeon, letting his band of thieves do his dirty work. This three-floor hideout was known as the Gargoyle's Domain because at the entrance was a Gargoyle monument which loomed over citizens of the village." (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.) pg. 90)
- "Blind, being the leader of the thieves, is very sneaky." (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.) pg. 149)
- "After cracking the seal with our powers, he sealed us inside of these crystals. He then gave us to his loyal monsters." — Maiden (A Link to the Past)
- "Link... It's me, Zelda... Don't be deceived by the magic of Blind the Thief! Be careful!" — Princess Zelda (A Link to the Past)
- "Ohh, thank you so much! You saved my life! Please take me outside." — Blind the Thief (A Link to the Past)
- "Gyaaah! Too bright!" — Blind the Thief (A Link to the Past)
- "Uhhnn... Link... I didn't want you involved in this... I told you not to leave home. You must rescue Princess Zelda... You are... the princess's... ... ... ..." — Blind the Thief (A Link to the Past & Four Swords)