Blind the Thief
|Blind the Thief|
Blind was the photosensitive leader of a gang of Thieves from the Light World, situated in his hideout in Kakariko Village. Blind, and his thieves worked at night, leading a massive crime wave across Hyrule. At some point, Blind was lured into the Dark World by his desire for the Triforce. As a result of his greed, Blind was transformed into a demonic being by the Dark World's power. Blind became what appeared to be a flame-red demon with arms of pure flame, wearing a tattered white robe. Making his new hideout in Thieves' Town, Blind rarely left the darkness of his hideout due to the light outside, leaving the dirty work to his thief gang. Becoming a loyal minion of Ganon, Blind was entrusted with guarding the fourth Maiden.
Blind assumes his true form once he touches the light, beginning the battle. To defeat Blind, Link has to slash at him repeatedly with the sword, or use the Cane of Somaria to place a block for the head to fly into, until his body collapses. His head continues to fly around the room, spitting fireballs at Link. Eventually, the body reconstructs and grows a new head. Each time Blind's body is reconstructed, the flying head will remain. This in turn makes the battle grow a bit more difficult for the hero, as he will have to strive to dodge these heads. After Blind's body collapses for the third and final time, the true maiden is freed and Link receives a Heart Container.
In the Game Boy Advance version, Blind returns in the Palace of the Four Sword. He impersonates Link's Uncle before revealing his true form. This time, Blind's heads must be reflected back into his body. When Blind's health is low, his heads turn green and become faster.
His name may be derived from the term "robbed blind", which is also coupled with his title as a thief.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Aveugle le Bandit||Blind the Bandit|
|Italian||Cieco il Ladrone||Blind the Big Thief|
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 95
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 167
- "Yo Link! This house used to be a hideout for a gang of thieves! What was their leader's name... Oh yeah, his name was Blind and he hated bright light a lot." — Man in Blind's Hideout (A Link to the Past)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 39
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 90
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 149
- "After cracking the seal with our powers, he sealed us inside of these crystals. He then gave us to his loyal monsters." — Maiden (A Link to the Past)
- "Link... It's me, Zelda... Don't be deceived by the magic of Blind the Thief! Be careful!" — Princess Zelda (A Link to the Past)
- "Ohh, thank you so much! You saved my life! Please take me outside." — Blind the Thief (A Link to the Past)
- "Gyaaah! Too bright!" — Blind the Thief (A Link to the Past)
- "Uhhnn... Link... I didn't want you involved in this... I told you not to leave home. You must rescue Princess Zelda... You are... the princess's... ... ... ..." — Blind the Thief (A Link to the Past)