(left to right: Swiftblade, Waveblade, Grayblade, Grimblade, Scarblade, Splitblade, Greatblade and Swiftblade I)
|Blade Brothers (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|All of these self-trained swordsmen|
have won the fighting tournament at
the Picori Festival before. They see
great potential in Link.
The Blade Brothers are self-trained swordsmen, and have each won the fighting tournament at the Picori Festival. If Link trains with them, they will grant him various techniques for his Sword, generally in the form of Tiger Scrolls. Each brother resides within his own dojo, although Swiftblade's is the only one that is actually a building; the other Brothers reside within caves, graves, and even hollowed-out Trees. Each of the Brothers who award Link with Tiger Scrolls use the Possession Technique, which allows them to control Link's body and demonstrate the technique. The other three Brothers instead use "visualization training," and tell Link to focus on his Sword performing more ably.
Although Link must visit Swiftblade and learn the Spin Attack in order to complete the game, the other Brothers are completely optional. Link can sometimes train with a Brother as soon as he finds him, but they usually require him to have achieved a certain accomplishment before they will teach him. Furthermore, the three Brothers who upgrade Link's previously-learned techniques can only be found after Fusing Kinstones with the other Brothers.
- Main article: Swiftblade
- Main article: Grayblade
- Main article: Waveblade
- Main article: Grimblade
- Main article: Scarblade
- Main article: Splitblade
- Main article: Greatblade
- Main article: Swiftblade I
- Although both the Figurine and the game only features eight Blade Brothers, Swiftblade claims in the Swordsman Newsletter that there are a total of ten Blade Brothers.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 271 (TMC)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 109
- "All of these self-trained swordsmen have won the fighting tournament at the Picori Festival before." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "Yes!! Fine work! You're a quick study. I will now give you this Tiger Scroll!" — Swiftblade (The Minish Cap)
- "But one must FEEL the technique, not just hear about it! That's why I will now possess your body so as to demonstrate the technique!" — Swiftblade (The Minish Cap)
- "I take visualization training very seriously, I'll have you know!" — Splitblade (The Minish Cap)
- "There are nine of us, not counting the ghost of Swiftblade the First." — Swordsman Newsletter (The Minish Cap)