- This article is about the character in A Link Between Worlds. For the location in which the Blacksmith resides, see Blacksmith's Forge.
|Family||Blacksmith's Wife (wife)|
The Blacksmith is the husband of the Blacksmith's Wife and father of Gulley. He is Link's mentor, though he often reprimands the young hero for being late to work. When he is commissioned to make a Sword and Shield for the Captain, the Captain goes to retrieve the newly-forged items only to forget his sword. To rectify this, the Blacksmith tasks Link with delivering it to him.
When Gulley goes missing, the Blacksmith and his wife search for their son to no avail. After Link obtains the Master Sword, the Blacksmith offers to temper it if the young hero can find two chunks of Master Ore. With one piece of Master Ore, he will simply remind Link that he needs one more.
After Link rescues Gulley from the Dark Palace, the Blacksmith thanks Link with reserved gratitude and tells the young hero how proud he is. When Link finds two pieces of Master Ore, the Blacksmith tempers Link the Lv 2 Master Sword, claiming that it is his best work and that he doubts that he can make a better blade. The Blacksmith concedes that if there were a better blacksmith, that person could temper a better blade.
The Lorulean Blacksmith can be found outside of his home in Lorule, where he criticizes Link's Master Sword, dismissing it as something Link found "lying around." If the Lorulean Blacksmith sees Link's Master Sword Lv 2, he will become inspired by its craftsmanship and invite Link into his home. Once Link obtains an additional two pieces of Master Ore, he will forge them with the Master Sword into an even more powerful masterpiece that even Rosso and the Blacksmith's Hyrulean counterpart recognize as superior work. However, with only one piece of Master Ore, the Blacksmith will tell the young hero that he must find one more to temper the sword he is planning.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "What is this sudden mood change? He's really worked up! You wouldn't know anything about this, would you?" — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 356 (ALBW)
- "Oh my! The captain left without taking his new sword." — Blacksmith's Wife (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Instead of getting an earful, you've got an errand, Link. Take that sword and hurry after the captain." — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Oh, Link... The wife and I--we've searched everywhere for Gulley. But he's nowhere to be found... What if monsters got--? No, there's no way. Not our little boy. Tell me he's going to be all right, Link! S-sorry. Give me a second here, Link..." — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "That sword! where did you...? Ah, I understand. I can tell just by the look of you. So, just know I'll do anything to help. Not there's much that I... Wait, I know exactly what I can do. That sword's sharp, but I can sharpen it up MORE. I'll temper it for you if you bring me two chunks of Master Ore. The only thing is that Master Ore is extremely rare. It's not going to be easy finding some." — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Hey, did you find yourself a piece of Master Ore? How'd you manage that? If you had one more piece, I could temper your sword. Its blade would be even MORE incredible." — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Hey, just where have you been, Link? Huh, you found my little guy? You rescued Gulley?! So, where did you find him? I gotcha. Uh-huh. That poor guy. Well, as long as he's safe and sound, I can finally breathe easy. I can't tell you how much--! Oh, never mind. Just thanks. I'm real proud of how you're shaping up here, Link. All right then. Sorry about that, Link..." — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "That Gulley... He worries us so much... So much... All right then. Sorry about that, Link... Hey there. You have two pieces of Master Ore, don't you? How about I temper that sword? Right, let's get started" — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Hmm. Impressive, if I say so myself. I doubt I'll ever temper a blade so fine again in my life. I know there are lots of things you've gotta do. Maybe this will help you out some?" — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "That sword is my masterpiece! That blade couldn't get any sharper. No way, no how. Well, maybe if there was someone better at this than me. But I'm the best blacksmith in the world. So that's that." — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Are you really running around with a sword like that? Sheesh... I pour my heart and soul into crafting fine weapons, and folks still just battle with whatever they find lying around..." — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Hey, you there! Kid! Th-that sword you got there, kid! Lemme see it for a second!" — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Let me take a look...at...? This is a really fine sword. Excellent craftsmanship! Just excellent. Whoever made this was very skilled! Not as skilled as I am, of course. Wow. I mean, I am the top blacksmith in the world, y'know... But whoever did this might just be the second best. Ah, this is getting my blood running! Hey, boy! Follow me!" — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Here I am. I finally found the motivation to do smithin', and we don't got any Master Ore! What's that...? You've got a piece there, eh? Well, to make the sword I'm thinking of, you're gonna need one more piece. You bring me that, and I'll give you the most beautiful blade this world has ever seen!" — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I don't often get this worked up, y'know? Get movin' and bring me one more chunk of Master Ore!" — Blacksmith (A Link Between Worlds)