- This article is about the item used in the Wing Ceremony. You may be looking for the Bird Statue, a stone effigy of a Loftwing used as a gateway to The Sky.
The Bird Statue, as seen in-game
|Use(s)||Prove Link's bird pilot skills|
Location and Uses
At the beginning of the game, Link must participate in the Wing Ceremony. In this minigame, which will be used to teach the young hero how to fly properly, Link must catch a golden Loftwing that is carrying the Bird Statuette to become a senior at the Knight Academy and be one step closer to graduating. Although Groose, Cawlin, and Strich will also try to obtain it, Link ends up claiming the statue, winning the race. The statuette is then used in the ceremony atop the Statue of the Goddess with Zelda so that she may offer it to the goddess Hylia.
|Names in Other Regions|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 117 (SS)
- "Good morning, [Link]! Good luck in the Wing Ceremony today! Just think: if you win today, you'll become a senior like us and you'll be a very big step closer to graduating as a knight." — Karane (Skyward Sword)
- "You got the Bird Statuette! It proves your victory today. Wait till Zelda sees this!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "[Link], hand me that Bird Statuette you grabbed in the race. I must offer it to the goddess." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- , Zelda.com, retrieved May 16, 2019.