The Biggoron's Sword from Breath of the Wild
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Biggoron's Sword is a much more sturdy version of the Giant's Knife, which Biggoron crafted for the Master Craftsman. It can be obtained completing the Trading Quest. The blade is much longer than the Master Sword and deals twice as much damage. However, it must be wielded with two hands, meaning that Link cannot defend with a Shield while equipped. If the Shield button is pressed, he attempts to protect himself with the blade.
The Biggoron's Sword is incapable of defeating Ganon as only the Master Sword can deliver the final blow. However, it can be useful during the battle, as Ganon knocks the Master Sword out of reach.
Oracle of Seasons
The Biggoron's Sword is the strongest Sword in Oracle of Seasons. It can only be acquired in a Linked Game by using passwords. The Biggoron's Sword is obtained from Biggoron himself. While every other item in these games is assigned to one hand and can be used in conjunction with another, the Biggoron's Sword takes up both slots as it is held with both hands. Link swings it in a whole 180-degree arc, as opposed to the other Swords' 90-degree slash. The Biggoron's Sword is obtained from the Goron Elder who resides at the Goron Shooting Gallery.
Oracle of Ages
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild, the Biggoron's Sword is an amiibo exclusive two-handed weapon. The weapon will sometimes appear in a Treasure Chest after scanning the Ocarina of Time Link amiibo using the amiibo Rune. The Biggoron's Sword has a base attack power of 50. Despite being the unbreakable Biggoron's Sword from Ocarina of Time, the Biggoron's Sword will indeed break.
- In the original versions of Ocarina of Time and Master Quest, the Biggoron's Sword is sheathed in the same Scabbard as the Master Sword. However, in Ocarina of Time 3D, the blade receives its own scabbard.
- Although in Ocarina of Time the Biggoron's Sword is twice as powerful as the Master Sword, in Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, it and the Master Sword have the same strength.[verification needed]
- Ocarina of Time contains unused text for the Giant's Knife, meant to be displayed when it is exchanged for the Biggoron's Sword, provided that Link possesses the Giant's Knife. The final version makes no mention of the replacement, and instead the Giant's Knife is simply discarded.
- When the Broken Sword is repaired, the tip of the handle changes from yellow to blue.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ダイゴロン刀 (Daigoron Tou)||Big Goron's Sword|
|ChineseSI||大鼓隆之剑 (Dà Gǔlōng zhī Jiàn)||Big Goron's Sword|
|FrenchCA||Épée de Grogoron||Same as above|
|FrenchEU||Épée de Biggoron||Same as above|
|German||Biggoron-Schwert||Same as above|
|Italian||Spada di Grande Goron (OoT3D)
Spada Biggoron (OoS | OoA)
|Big Goron's Sword|
|Spanish||Espada de Biggoron||Biggoron's Sword|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 117 (OoT | OoS | OoA)
- "They say that Biggoron's Sword is super sharp and will never break." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
- "My Biggoron tool broke, so I was going to Goron City to get it repaired." — Master Craftsman (Ocarina of Time)
- "You handed in the Claim Check and got the Biggoron's Sword! This blade was forged by a master smith and won't break!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "A legendary greatsword forged by a Goron craftsman for a hero who traveled through time. The exceptionally sharp cutting edge is a testament to the craftsman's mastery." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Long reach and has good offense but requires energy to wield" — Character Select (Soulcalibur II)
- "You traded the Giant's Knife for the Biggoron's Sword! This blade was forged by a master smith and won't break!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)