- This is an article about the Twilight Princess character. For one of the four Poe sisters from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, see Beth (Poe)
Beth from Twilight Princess
The Era of Twilight
Beth is a young girl from Ordon Village who is the daughter of Hanch and Sera. She seems to have a crush on Link, admiring him for all the important things he does while still having time to relax. She always hangs out with Talo and Malo, but thinks that they are both immature and calls them brats and idiots. As such, she is often scolding them for asking things of Link, only to see her asking Link the same question, claiming that it is only because they will not leave him alone. Before Link departs to Hyrule Castle, Beth mentions to him that she would also like to go since there is nothing in Ordon Village that looks good on her. She also complains that she will not help at her mom's store until her dad stops buying inventory for boys and starts bringing in more girly stuff.
Beth, along with the rest of the Ordon children, are eventually kidnapped by King Bulblin and his minions. When Link travels to Kakariko Village, he finds Beth and the rest of the children taking refuge from the Shadow Beasts under the care of Renado, the shaman of the village. Beth bursts into tears as Barnes explains the deadly fate that could befall them, but Colin is fast and tries to cheer her up by saying that Link will come and save them all.
Later on, after Kakariko Village is freed from the Twilight, King Bulblin comes again and tries to run over Beth and Talo. However, Beth is pushed out of harm's way by Colin, who is in turn kidnapped. Once Colin is rescued by Link, Beth stops teasing the young boy and starts taking care of him in order to help him recuperate from his injuries. She can be seen along with Luda caring for Colin at the Elde Inn.
Beth also seems to develop some interest in Ralis, and once the Zora leaves, she regrets not having gotten to know him better so that she could have met the Zora Royal Family and possibly become a princess in the process. She also becomes good friends with Luda, Renado's daughter.
Beth and Luda can be seen hugging in the ending credits as Beth departs back to Ordon.
- If Link attacks any of the Ordon children with any weapon, Talo and Beth will avoid his attack.
- Beth carries a stuffed doll on her back.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "I swear, she gets to be more like my wife every day. Let's just hope it stops before it's too late, you know what I mean?" — Hanch (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 276 (TP)
- "I'm sorry you have to waste your time with these little brats when you must be tired from doing all the important stuff you do!" — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "I can't believe you two brats are so obsessed about this. It just shows what little boys you both still are." — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "These two idiots will never shut up about it, so I guess you'll just have to show them, Link." — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "That must be sooooo nice... I want to go to Hyrule, too! I mean, there's nothing that looks good on me in this town..." — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "Hey, guess what? My dad just got back from buying new inventory for the store... ...And it's all stuff for boys! I told him to get some cute girly stuff, but he didn't listen! [...] So I told him I'm not going to help out in the store anymore! Not until he gets some stuff for girls!" — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "Remember the lady from the general store? Just one of those things attacked her, and a whole gang from town went to save her! And what happened? She was already gone, and there were TWO monsters waitin'! ...You connectin' the dots? That means that if we get attacked by them, then we'll be..." — Barnes (Twilight Princess)
- "Don't cry, Beth! It'll be OK! Link is coming to save us all! ...I can feel it!" — Colin (Twilight Princess)
- "I'll take really good care of Colin, I promise!" — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "Just leave Colin to me! You'll see, Link! Promise! I'll make him all better while you're up on the Gorons' mountain!" — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "Wait, wait! Before you do, drink some of this! Yeah, it's a special drink I made! I blended water from the spirit's spring with water from the hot springs! It's yummy!" — Beth (Twilight Princess)
- "That Zora boy is actually the prince of the Zora tribe! Yeah! Aw, if I had gotten to know him better, maybe I could've gone and met the royal family and been a princess or something..." — Beth (Twilight Princess)