Features and Overview
Beedle's Air Shop is operated in a hot-air balloon and opens after Link completes the Snow Temple in Spirit Tracks, at which point the young hero will receive a Letter from Beedle inviting him to visit his store. Beedle's current location is marked in the overworld's Rail Map.
As Link is traveling around the four realms, he can get Beedle's attention by blowing the Spirit Train's whistle when his hot-air balloon is nearby. He will land by the Spirit Tracks, allowing the young hero to stop by it to visit his shop. Similarly to the Beedle's Shop Ship, Beedle offers Link a membership at his shop after he buys his first item. The membership allows Link to save up 2 points for every Rupee he spends in the store, which lends itself to certain rewards (including membership upgrades) after Link passes point milestones. After the young hero obtains the Silver Membership, he will be rewarded with a Freebie Card, which will allow him to obtain any item from his shop for free, although no points will be gathered if this card is used. Accumulating 500 points will reward Link with the Gold Membership along with a Heart Container for being such a frequent shopper.
Beedle's Air Shop is the only place where Link can buy a Bomb Bag, which is set at a price of 500 Rupees. Other than this, Beedle also offers Red and Purple Potions as well as Bombs and a variety of Treasures. Unlike other shops in Hyrule, Treasures can only be bought once, meaning that Link will have to wait a day before Beedle restocks.
|Membership Card||Points required||Rewards|
|10% discount on all items, Freebie Card|
|20% discount on all items, Heart Container|
|30% discount on all items, Quintuple Points Card|
|50% discount on all items, Regal Ring|
Beedle's Airshop flies over Skyloft during the daytime in Skyward Sword. Beedle has to pedal to keep his shop aloft. In order to climb into the shop, Link must ring the bell that hangs at the bottom of the aircraft either with his Slingshot, Beetle, Clawshot, or Arrows in order for a rope to drop down and pull him up. Once inside, Link is able to purchase items or take a nap at the far end of the room. If Link fails to purchase anything after viewing one of the items, Beedle will release a trap door underneath him, causing him to fall to the ground.
There is a sidequest in which Link retrieves Beedle's pet, a Horned Colossus Beetle, after winning in the minigame run by Strich in Bug Rock. By giving the insect back to Beedle, Link not only receives five Gratitude Crystals, but is also discounted the price of a single purchase by 50%, useful to buy the most expensive items at a cheaper price.
Wares and Pricing
|That's a Bug Net. You know, for catching bugs! Insects too. OK, so there aren't so many bugs here, but you'll be able to catch tons with this when there are some! And at only 50 Rupees, I'm sure you'll make a “net profit”! Want to buy it?||50 Rupees||N/A|
|That right there is a Bug Medal. As long as you,re carrying that, you'll be able to see on your map where bugs can be found. Quite expensive, but if you like catching bugs, it's indispensable! I'll sell it for 1,00 Rupees. Wanna buy it?||1000 Rupees||500 Rupees|
|That's an Extra Wallet. It's amazingly useful! With this, you can carry an extra 300 Rupees in your wallet! Say good-bye to all those times you couldn't pick up another Rupee because your wallet was stuffed full! Leave no Rupee behind! Even you must be able to see just how useful this item is, and for only 100 Rupees. Want to buy it?||100 Rupees||50 Rupees|
|That'll increase the number of items you can carry in your Adventure Pouch by one! It has to be the most useful thing imaginable for an adventure! And yet it costs a mere 300 Rupees.||300 Rupees||150 Rupees|
|...||600 Rupees||300 Rupees|
|...||1200 Rupees||600 Rupees|
|That's a Life Medal! It bestows a bunch of mysterious and mystical effects on whoever carries it! What kind of effect...? Don't ask me-- I don't actually know! You should find out for yourself. I'm pretty sure it's a real bargain at 800 Rupees, though! How about it?||800 Rupees||400 Rupees|
Piece of Heart
|Oh! You have great taste in things... Isn't it shiny? I found it someplace nearby. To be honest, I have no idea what it's for, but I'm pricing it at 1,600 Rupees!||1600 Rupees||800 Rupees|
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Boutique de Beedle (ST | SS)|
|FrenchEU||Boutique de Terry (ST)|
Marché Ambulant (SS)
|SpanishEU||Tienda de Terry (ST)|
|SpanishLA||Tienda de Beedle (ST)|
Tienda de Terry (SS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword — Prima Official Game Guide by Prima Games pg. 8
- "Ohhh, valued customer! We have everything you need at Beedle's Air Shop!" — Beedle (Spirit Tracks)
- "You got a Freebie Card! Choose any item you want, and you'll get it for free!" — N/A (Spirit Tracks)
- "Ohhh! You have 500 points! You're now an official Gold Member! That means you get 20% off all merchandise AND a lovely prize!" — Beedle (Spirit Tracks)
- "Rack up 200 points to earn yourself a Silver Card! [...] You're now an official Silver Member! That means you get 10% off all merchandise AND a lovely prize!" — Beedle (Spirit Tracks)
- "Rack up 500 points to earn yourself a Silver Card! [...] You're now an official Silver Member! That means you get 20% off all merchandise AND a lovely prize!" — Beedle (Spirit Tracks)
- "Rack up 1,000 points to earn yourself a Platinum Card! [...] You're now an official Platinum Member! That means you get 30% off all merchandise AND a lovely prize!" — Beedle (Spirit Tracks)
- "Rack up 2,000 points to earn yourself a Diamond Card! You're now an official Diamond Member! [...] That means you get 50% off all merchandise AND a lovely prize!" — Beedle (Spirit Tracks)
- "Ohhh! Please wait a second! Do you know how heavy you are?! I have to pedal extra hard with you up here! Then you have the gall to leave without buying anything? Off with you!" — Beedle (Skyward Sword)