Little Brother (left) and Big Brother (right)
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
The Beaver Brothers are characters in Majora's Mask.
The Beavers swim around in the Waterfall Rapids at the source of the river in the Great Bay region. They consider Bottles to be valuable items and will not give them up easily. Mikau tried to race them in order to obtain an empty Bottle from them, but ultimately failed. Thus, when Link first meets them in his Zora form, they mistake him for the guitarist of The Indigo-Go's.
In order to obtain their Bottle, Link will have to race the two brothers separately in a mini-game. First, the younger brother will challenge Link, and if he succeeds, the Beaver will call his older brother to race against Link. This time, Zora Link will have to go through even more rings in order to win against the big brother, and upon completion, the two Beavers will begrudgingly reward Link with an empty Bottle.
Link can race again to win a Piece of Heart from them, for they seem to have run out of empty Bottles. This time, the time limit is shortened for both races, and if Link succeeds, the Beaver Brothers will hand over a Piece of Heart in hopes that he will finally leave them alone.
In none of these races does Link actually have to beat the Beavers. He merely has to keep up, get the rings, and cross the finish line within the allotted amount of time.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Frères Castors||Beaver Brothers|
- "To us, empty bottles are a treasure. I can't give you one just because you beat my little brother." — Big Brother (Majora's Mask)
- "You again? You can't fool me with your green clothes! You want an empty bottle, don't you? You never learn your lesson!" — Little Brother (Majora's Mask)
- "Uh...that was perfect. That's not good... [...] I called you, big brother! Actually..." — Little Brother (Majora's Mask)
- "There's nothing we can do, little brother. We underestimated you." — Beaver Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- "But we don't have any more empty bottles...do we, little brother?" — Big Brother (Majora's Mask)
- "If we give THAT to him, I wonder if he'll leave us alone, little brother." — Big Brother (Majora's Mask)
- "Please! Let it be over." — Beaver Brothers (Majora's Mask)