|Use(s)||Defeats Link and Princess Zelda|
The Battle Axe is a weapon featured in The Crystal Trap. Belonging to Ganon, Princess Zelda and Link are tricked by a Goriya who tells them that the Battle Axe is the only weapon that can truly defeat Ganon.
If the princess and the young hero decide to follow the Goriya, he will lead them into a large room in the depths of the mountain, where at the far end of the room, is a throne holding the massive battle axe. The Goriya disappears as Link grabs the axe, following Zelda out of the palace and into the forest. Just then, Ganon appears from behind a lone tree. Link, thinking that he has the right weapon to defeat the evil wizard, will throw the axe at the Magic Scroll in Ganon's hand, but it stops in midair. The King of Evil then informs the pair that the Battle Axe belongs to him, and that he told the Goriya to lead Link and Zelda to it so that they'd stop looking for the real weapon that could defeat him: the Spear. The book ends with a Game Over as Ganon prepares to cast the Magic Scroll spell again to encase Link in the Crystal.
- "'Spare me and I'll show you a powerful weapon,' the monster pleads. 'A battle axe. It's the only thing that can defeat Ganon, and I know where it is.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 13)
- "They enter a huge room carved into the depths of the mountain, big enough to hold an army. Together they cross the bare stone floor to a throne set on a platform in the center. There on the throne lies a massive battle-axe." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 93)
- "'I don't know why,' Zelda says. 'But I have a feeling this is the place we're going to meet Ganon.' 'You're so right, little princess,' says a cold, menacing voice. From behind the tree steps a dark, hooded figure. 'Ganon!' Zelda whispers." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 94)
- "Link hurls the axe with all his might at the scroll in Ganon's hand. It turns end over end as it flies through the air. Then it stops! It hangs in mid-air for a second, then drops to the ground with a thud." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 94)
- "'My axe, you mean,' says Ganon. 'I told that goriya to lead you to it. I knew if you had the axe you'd stop looking for the real weapon that can defeat me.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 95)
- "Laughing, Ganon raises the magic scroll in his gnarled claw. 'Oh no!' cries Zelda. 'He's going to cast the crystal spell again!'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 95)