Barriara is the leader of the Gerudo in Gerudo Village. While standing outside of young Ganondorf's home, she was cursed into a deep sleep by Octavo, causing her body to block the way into the prince's house and preventing the rest of the Gerudo from checking in on him.
She can be awoken by stepping on the music note-shaped buttons on the ground below her in order to wake her up with a song. While the exact arrangement of buttons will differ per game file, the colors of the solution and the tune will always remain the same. Therefore, the sequence will always be dark green, yellow, light blue, blue, dark green, yellow, light blue, and blue, which plays the "Gerudo Valley" theme.
After being woken up by Cadence, Link, Yves, or Zelda, she gives them the Power Glove and moves out of the way.[note 1] She also informs the heroes that there's a Sandstone Talus guarding the entrance to Gerudo Ruins, but regrettably can't help them defeat it because she has to stay in the village to watch over the young prince. Despite her duty to watch over him, she considers the prince to be immature, and likewise, Ganondorf considers her to be foolish, indicating a strained relationship between the two.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- "Thanks for waking me up, stranger. I'm Barriara, the leader of this village." — Barriara (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "I was caught off guard here by a strange man, Octavius? Octavoo? I'd love to teach that guy a lesson!" — Barriara (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Octavo played a song on his lute right before Barriara fell asleep. Maybe we could wake her up with a different song?" — Gerudo (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "The prince is inside, but we can't check on him while Barriara is still asleep... The boss is usually awake before any of us. We're not sure what happened to her." — Gerudo (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Did you see that? The buttons on the ground lit up when each music note was played! What will happen if you recreate the tune?" — Trill (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Speaking of problems, there's a golem attacking anyone that goes near the Gerudo Ruins." — Barriara (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Unfortunately, I cannot travel to the ruins with you. I must watch over our prince until he's a little more...mature." — Barriara (Cadence of Hyrule)
- "Hmph... I guess that fool Barriara finally got out of the way." — Ganondorf (Cadence of Hyrule)