Barnes appears at first inside Renado's sanctuary, hidden along with the children of Ordon Village, Luda, and Renado himself, while the entirety of the Eldin Province is covered by the Twilight. When Link purges the province from it, Barnes discovers that his storage house has been destroyed, so he begins making new Bombs before reopening his shop. As the game progresses, he manages to recover his lineup of products, including regular Bombs, Water Bombs, and Bomblings.
- If Link tries to pull out his Lantern while inside Barnes' Bomb Shop, Barnes will slam his fist on the counter, causing Link to be doused with water. If Link does this while close to Barnes, Barnes will yell at him in protest.
- If Wolf Link enters his Bomb Shop, he puts his welders mask down to cover his face.
Barnes's name may be a pun on "burns." In the French version of the game, his name is Crahmé, a pun on the French slang "cramé," meaning "burned."
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Mastro Ordigno||Device master|
|SpanishEU||Don Mecha||Mr. Fuse|
- "All right, now! Take a good gander at Master Barnes's handmade bombs! " — Barnes (Twilight Princess HD)
- "It looks like he has already started selling them again. You should try out Barnes-brand bombs sometime, Brother!" — Goron (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 277 (TP)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — PRIMA Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 13
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD — PRIMA Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 114
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD — PRIMA Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 120
- "Whoa! Hey now! You insane, bud? That's dangerous! Don't go lightin' fires in the middle of my shop!" — Barnes (Twilight Princess)