Banker artwork from Majora's Mask 3D
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Beggar is desperate to buy bottled items. He can be found in Hyrule Castle Town when Link is a child, and in Kakariko Village seven years later. He will pay 50 Rupees for a Bottle of bugs, 100 Rupees for a fish, and 150 Rupees for Blue Fire.
In Majora's Mask, the Banker runs the Clock Town Bank in West Clock Town or South Clock Town in Majora's Mask 3D. He is able to recognize clients by stamping them with invisible ink. Therefore, he recognizes Link in all his forms. The Banker is also able to keep track of Link's balance even after he plays the "Song of Time" to return to the First Day. This is the only way Link can keep all the Rupees he has collected after travelling back in time.
The Banker awards Link with gifts based on how much he deposit. These include the Adult Wallet at 200 Rupees, a 5 Rupees interest at 1,000, and finally a Piece of Heart at 5,000. The Banker will stop taking deposits if Link reaches 5,000 Rupees in his account. The banker charges 4 Rupees for withdrawing at night.
The Banker remains at his post until the end of the Final Day, applauding Link for staying behind as well. If the hero requests a withdrawal on the Final Day, the Banker tells him not to believe the rumors about the falling Moon before proceeding.
The Banker is outspoken and often makes impertinent comments during transactions. If Link attempts to overdraw his account, he will get mad at him. When Link exceeds the deposit limit, the Banker makes a discriminatory, albeit positive, remark about his age. He calls Link "little guy" rather than by name, even when speaking to Zora or Goron Link.
- "Please sell me the contents of a bottle..." — Beggar (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh, a darling little Fairy! I'll buy it for 25 Rupees! All sales final, OK?" — Beggar (Ocarina of Time)
- "I won't forget your deposits. Let me stamp you with my special ink. Hey, relax! It doesn't leave any marks, and it's not gonna hurt. There! Now I'll know you when I see you!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "Excuse me, but let me take a look at you... Ah, yes...Link. If I remember, you're the little guy who deposited <Rupees>." — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "So, for a limited time, I'll give you a special gift based on how much you deposit." — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "Well, little guy, here's your special gift. Take it!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "Well, little guy, I can't take any more deposits. Sorry, but this is all I can give you." — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "...You know, at this time of day there's a 4 Rupee service charge on withdrawals!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "What's this? You need somethin' on a day like this? You haven't evacuated yet? You're amazing, little guy!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "Look, little guy, if it's 'cause of the bad rumors going around, forget it! They're just rumors!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "What's this? It's a waste to take out such a tiny bit!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "Aw, you're taking out all that? If you spend it like that, it'll all be gone before you know it!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "That's it? That ain't nothing at all, big spender!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "Whaaat?!? You're really gonna give me that much? You're one rich little guy!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "...You haven't deposited that many Rupees, so that much isn't available for withdrawal. Do the math! What are you trying to do?" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
- "Excuuuse me! But I can't take anymore deposits! Sheesh, little guy! You're young, but you sure are serious about saving! I'm impressed!" — Banker (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|