|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Ocarina of Time
Aveil's Hyrulean counterpart appears in Ocarina of Time but remains unnamed. While Nabooru is away at the Spirit Temple, she leaves this Gerudo in charge of the Gerudo's Fortress. After Link frees all the Carpenters, this Gerudo appears to compliment him on accomplishing such a task and rewards him with the Gerudo Token, which allows Link to walk about freely in the Gerudo Fortress and access the Haunted Wasteland.
In Majora's Mask, Aveil is the leader of the Gerudo Pirates. She has a room deep inside the Pirates' Fortress that is filled with all kinds of treasures and luxuries that the pirates have stolen, including a Zora Egg and the Hookshot.
After infiltrating the Pirates' Fortress, Link overhears Aveil speaking about the Zora Eggs which they had stolen from Lulu; where they are and why they stole them in the first place. Apparently, the Skull Kid had told them that the eggs were key elements in obtaining a treasure that should be lying in the Great Bay Temple. Aveil wants the Eggs for the treasure, but also fears the harm done to their reputation if people would find out that they could not hold on to their loot. Eventually, Link shot a beehive hanging on the ceiling of her room, which caused the Bees to come out and chase away Aveil and the other pirates. She is not seen again after that.
- In Ocarina of Time, due to a glitch the clothing and lipstick of the Gerudo in charge of the Fortress changes to match the color of Link's tunic. The Gerudo will also change colors depending on the Gauntlets worn and when using Bombs. The glitch was fixed in PAL versions from 1.1 onwards, as well as the Collector's Edition version and Ocarina of Time 3D.
- Aveil and the Mages from Four Swords Adventures share the same laugh SFX.
In Japanese, the name Abēru (Aveil) is supposed to be reminiscent of Nabōru (Nabooru). This was lost in the localized names.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "The exalted Nabooru, our leader, put me in charge of this fortress. Nabooru is the second-in-command to the great Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo Thieves. Her headquarters are in the Spirit Temple, which is at the end of the desert." — Gerudo in charge of the Gerudo's Fortress (Ocarina of Time)
- "I've seen your fine work. To get past the guards here, you must have good thieving skills. I used to think that all men, besides the great Ganondorf, were useless...but now that I've seen you, I don't think so anymore!" — Gerudo in charge of the Gerudo's Fortress (Ocarina of Time)
- "Say, you must want to become one of us, eh? All right, then! You're in from now on! Take this. With it, you will have free access to all areas of the fortress!" — Nabooru's second-in-command (Ocarina of Time)
- "See, it was long ago when I used to use this thing called a Hookshot to catch fish off the coast... But I was attacked by these pirates, and they took it away with them. They say... it's a legendary treasure.. And I just happened to swipe it from the bottom of the sea, so I hold no grudge against 'em." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- "Silence! That's why the Zoras can't send for any help! Now that the eggs are gone, the Zoras should be frantically searching for them. If we don't hurry, the Zoras will get to them before we do! There are four eggs here now. Hurry! Go find the other three eggs before those sea snakes eat them!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)
- "Wait!!! The Zora eggs are the only clue we have about that dragon cloud floating over the bay... If what that strange, masked one says is true... And if we can get our hands on the treasure that lies sleeping in the temple in that dragon cloud... Then we can spend the rest of our lives living the good life! So get a move on and go find them! Now!!!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)
- "What are you trying to pull here?!? If people hear the great pirates have lost the treasure they stole, we'll become the laughing stock!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)
- "Halt! Everyone! A rat wearing a strange mask has snuck in!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)
- OoT: Gerudo color changing glitches