|Era||Era of Twilight|
|Family||Unnamed knight/soldier of the Hyrule royal family (father)|
Ashei is character in Twilight Princess. She is a member of The Resistance. She is a strong young woman with raven-black hair and impressive knowledge of the mountains. She is the one who aids Link in investigating the evil at Snowpeak Ruins.
Ashei was raised in the mountains by her knight father, who taught her the art of war. She is seen carrying a Sword and later a Bow and a Quiver of Arrows. Due to her rather masculine upbringing, she took on a somewhat blunt personality and a rough way of speaking. As she has a derogatory view of the Soldiers of Hyrule, she is rude to Link at first.
She is interested in finding out why evil seems to control the mountain of Snowpeak, and later tries to figure out the reason for the beast sightings around Zora's Domain. When Link goes to meet her there, she gives him a sketch, which depicts a Yeti holding a red fish. After fishing a Reekfish, Link is able to follow the fish's strong scent through the blizzard encompassing Snowpeak.
When Link enters Hyrule Castle, just as he is about to get attacked by numerous enemies, Ashei, along with the rest of The Resistance, make their entrance and defeat all of the enemies for the hero, allowing him to proceed to the last few floors of Hyrule Castle and eventually reach Ganondorf.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Actually, there's one more of us...but there's been a disturbing turn of events on the north mountain, so she's gone to check things out. She's a beautiful young lady named Ashei. If you have a chance to meet her, you should definitely take the time to talk to her, OK, honey?" — Telma (Twilight Princess)
- "Her father was a soldier for the Hyrule royal family, but he left the kingdom due to trouble with a superior." (Twilight Princess Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 13)
- "Ashei" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 282)
- "She is around 24-25 years old, and one of the members of the resistance." (Twilight Princess Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 13)
- "I grew up in the mountains with my father, who was a knight in his own right. He taught me the arts of war as though I was his son." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "Of course, lessons in common courtesy were not part of the regimen, so forgive me if I come off as rude, yeah?" — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "And here I was, thinking Hyrule was empty of men of valor..." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "Listen, sorry I was so nasty the other day. I thought you were like those sorry excuses for Hyrule soldiers...but I thought wrong." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "Snowpeak, the mountain to the north of Hyrule... It's unlike any mountain I've ever known. I don't know much yet, but things happen there that happen on no other mountain I know of. ...Evil controls it... As soon as I know something more, I'll tell you. Until then, you should stay away, yeah?" — Ashei (Twilight Princess)
- "The only clues we have right now are the stories of the Zoras and my sketch. It's not much, I know." — Ashei (Twilight Princess)