Ashe is an old man who works at the Woodland Stable. During the day, he watches over the Stable's White Goats in their pen. He assists new travelers by telling them about the surrounding areas and giving directions to them, including the Eldin Region, Hyrule Field and the Great Hyrule Forest. He is incredibly knowledgeable about these areas, including famous landmarks such as Death Mountain and Hyrule Castle, but warns Link to stay away from the Castle and the surrounding Hyrule Field.
When asked about the Great Hyrule Forest, Ashe recounts a time where he had left to gather firewood at the Lost Woods as a young boy. He remembers venturing deep into the Woods when the wind suddenly started blowing in several directions. He had ran away then, only to find himself outside the Woods as the fog lifted. He believes that there is something dangerous in the Lost Woods and warns Link to stay away. His story is actually a clue to navigating the Lost Woods, by following the wind's direction.
- "Ho ho... If you're willing to interrupt an old man looking over his grandchild, you must be in need of something." — Ashe (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ashe" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "You aren't from around here, are ya? Hwa ha ha! When you get to my age, you can tell just by lookin' at people's faces. This here Woodland Stable borders the Eldin region and Hyrule Field. It's a central fixture for travelers. Also the Great Hyrule Forest, which is where the stable got its name, is right over yonder. Do you want me to tell you about the surrounding areas?" — Ashe (Breath of the Wild)
- "Eldin is northeast of here. It's a mountainous region with Death Mountain at its center. You can see Death Mountain from here, in fact, but only the backside of it. I don't know why anyone would want to climb it, but if you're so inclined, the best approach is from Akkala to the east. If you see Foothill Stable, you're on the right path—the Maw of Death Mountain is near the stable. But Death Mountain is an active volcano. It's blazing hot up there. If you go unprepared, you're as good as dead. Although I'm sure there's someone at Foothill Stable who knows how to deal with the heat." — Ashe (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hyrule Field is south of here. It's the huge field past the Crenel Hills. There's no shortage of nature in these parts. It's a beautiful place to live. And just north of the field, you'll find the ruins of Hyrule Castle Town and Hyrule Castle. They used to be the center of Hyrule's culture and commerce, but now... I'm telling you...stay far away from the castle! The field isn't safe either. I'm sure you have family that cares about you, so please don't dismiss this warning as an old man's rambling. I've seen too many young'uns head off to Hyrule Field...only to never come back." — Ashe (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Great Hyrule Forest is north of here. It's the largest forest in Hyrule...In the heart of the forest sits a terrifying group of enchanted trees called the Lost Woods. I once got lost there while collecting firewood when I was but a boy. As I went deeper into the forest, the wind was blowing this way and that! Chilled me to the bone. I got scared and ran as fast as I could, trying to get away from the howling wind. Then all of a sudden, the fog lifted, and I was standing outside the forest... There's something dangerous hiding in those Lost Woods. Don't go wandering in there." — Ashe (Breath of the Wild)