We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
- This page is about the enemy in The Legend of Zelda. For the Boss of the same name in The Legend of Zelda and Oracle of Seasons, see Aquamentus (Boss).
Characteristics and Weaknesses
The Legend of Zelda
An Aquamentus appears as an enemy in Level-4 and Level-8 of the Second Quest. Aquamentuses slowly walk back and forth and periodically shoot a group of three fireballs out of their mouth. Link can block the fireballs with a Magical Shield. Link can damage an Aquamentus with a Sword or Bombs, but can also attack from a distance by throwing his Sword, shooting the Bow and Arrow or using the Magical Rod. Aquamentuses are immune to Boomerangs and Fire. When defeated, an Aquamentus may drop either a Heart, a Fairy or one Rupee.[note 1]
|Names in Other Regions|
- If Link defeats 10 enemies without getting hit or teleporting with the Recorder, then the 10th enemy defeated will drop five Rupees. However, if the 10th enemy is defeated with a Bomb, then it will drop four Bombs. If Link defeats 16 enemies without getting hit or teleporting, then the 16th enemy will drop a Fairy. After the 16th enemy, Link must get hit and reset the counter to zero in order to achieve this effect again. Defeating Armos, Like Likes, Keeses or Gels will not be counted.
- "A type of dragon that some call a unicorn." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 37)
- "Aquamentus: A Unicorn having lots of attacking power. It emits beams." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 37)
- n.a., Forced Drops, redcandle.us, published n.d., retrieved August 17, 2017.
- "Zelda! Help! This monstrous Aquamentus wants me for lunch!" — Link (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 8 )
- "Bombs away!" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 8 )