Aquamentus from Oracle of Seasons
|Game(s)||The Legend of Zelda|
Oracle of Seasons
|Other Media||The Legend of Zelda TV series|
BS The Legend of Zelda
Oracle of Seasons (Himekawa)
|Dungeon(s)||Level-1 (TLoZ) |
Gnarled Root Dungeon (OoS)
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Manual Comment
In The Legend of Zelda, Aquamentus appears as the Boss of Level-1 and Level-7 of the First Quest as well as Level-1 of the Second Quest. It guards a fragment of the Triforce of Wisdom. Aquamentus also appears in Level-4 and Level-8 of the Second Quest. Aquamentus slowly walks back and forth and periodically shoots a group of three fireballs out of its mouth. Link can block the fireballs with a Magical Shield. Link can damage an Aquamentus with his Sword or Bombs, but can also attack from a distance by throwing his Sword, shooting the Bow and Arrow or using the Magical Rod. Aquamentus cannot be stunned by the Boomerang and is invulnerable to Fire. When it is defeated, a Heart Container will appear and Aquamentus may drop either a Heart, a Fairy, or one Rupee.[note 1]
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, Aquamentus is once again the Boss of the first Dungeon, known as Gnarled Root Dungeon, a Dungeon that resembles Level-1 from The Legend of Zelda. In addition to its attacks from The Legend of Zelda, Aquamentus now has the ability to charge across the room. After dashing and slamming into the wall, the Aquamentus flies back to the right side of the room. Before emitting beams, its horn will glow. Upon the dragon's defeat, Link receives a Heart Container and the first Essence of Nature, Fertile Soil.
|Names in Other Regions|
- If Link defeats 10 enemies without getting hit or teleporting with the Recorder, then the 10th enemy defeated will drop five Rupees. However, if the 10th enemy is defeated with a Bomb, then it will drop four Bombs. If Link defeats 16 enemies without getting hit or teleporting, then the 16th enemy will drop a Fairy. After the 16th enemy, Link must get hit and reset the counter to zero in order to achieve this effect again. Defeating Armoses, Like Likes, Keeses, or Gels will not be counted.
- "A type of dragon that some call a unicorn." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 37)
- "Aquamentus: A Unicorn having lots of attacking power. It emits beams." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 37)
- n.a., Forced Drops, redcandle.us, published n.d., retrieved August 17, 2017.
- "Fans of the original NES Zelda may experience déjà vu as they confront the Dungeon Boss, the Aquamentus." (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 19)
- "Zelda! Help! This monstrous Aquamentus wants me for lunch!" — Link (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 8 )
- "Bombs away!" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 8 )