Features and Overview
The Anouki Estates is six fancy houses on the northern side of the Isle of Frost. The Island Chief of the Anouki tells Link that, some time before he arrived, one of the Anouki living in the estates was kidnapped by a Yook, who are rivals of the Anouki, and that the Yook was now living in the Estates disguised as the missing Anouki. By means of an inquiry, Link must discover which Anouki is an impostor using this rule: the Anouki always tell the truth and the Yook always lie.
The houses are lined up in two rows of three, with Dobo, Kumu, and Fofo living in the front three houses, and Gumo, Aroo, and Mazo living in the back three. Each of the Anouki living in the Anouki Estates will tell Link something about one of the other residents as he attempts to solve the mystery. In addition to the Anouki staying in their houses, Link can also get hints from an Anouki wandering around the Estates named Hintobo, but at the price of 100 Rupees.
The residents of the Anouki Estates will give Link the following information:
Dobo: Mazo is honest.
Kumu: Either Mazo or Aroo is the liar.
Fofo: Gumo never lies.
Gumo: Either Fofo or Aroo is lying.
Aroo: Kumu is lying.
Mazo: Dobo tells the truth.
Hintobo: The guys who say that others are honest won't lie. The liar will accuse others of lying.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Head north to go to the Anouki Estates. Lots of shmancy houses there!" — Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "We Anouki and the Yook have been rivals for I don't know how long. I gotta be honest... I don't even know how it all started." — Anouki (Phantom Hourglass)
- "The Anouki live in the west...And those hairy Yook live over in the easton the Great Ice Field. That was the deal, but now some tricky Yook has snuck over here. And he's taken one of my villagers! Now he's pretending to be him and living with us! ...All comfortable-like!" — Island Chief (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Yook are liars. One of them has got to be lying to you. Ask, ask, and then ask some more. Hit them with the tough questions. Once you find the impostor, expose the Yook for what he is!" — Island Chief (Phantom Hourglass)
- "They call me Dobo. Mazo's real honest. The guy never lies!" — Dobo (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I'm Kumu. See, either Mazo or Aroo is lying to you... And that's the truth!" — Kumu (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Yeah, I'm Fofo. Gumo and me, we never lie. It's a rule we got, so neither of us is the Yook!" — Fofo (Phantom Hourglass)
- "My name's Gumo. Either Fofo or Aroo has gotta be lying to you. I just wanted to tell you that..." — Gumo (Phantom Hourglass)
- "My name's Aroo. Between you and me, Kumu is lying. And I'll leave it at that." — Yook disguised as Aroo (Phantom Hourglass)
- "They call me Mazo. I don't care if you believe me, but me and Dobo only tell the truth. Just thought I'd say that." — Mazo (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Don't worry your head about guys who say that other guys don't lie. The guys who say that others are honest won't lie to you. Why, you ask? Because then there would be two liars. Why again, you ask? There is only one liar. So, knowing that...Look at the ones who accuse others of lying, and you'll find your liar! Hah hah! Brilliant, right?" — Hintobo (Phantom Hourglass)