|Use(s)||Forcing Link to stay awake|
Location and Uses
Happy Mask Salesman's Comment
Link can purchase the mask from the Curiosity Shop on the night of the Final Day for 500 Rupees if he prevents Sakon from getting away with the Bomb Bag that Sakon steals from the Old Lady from Bomb Shop on the night of the First Day. If he allows Sakon to steal her bag, the mask will not appear.
The mask allows Link to stay awake and never fall asleep. While Link needs an entire three day cycle to obtain the mask, it has only one use in the game. If Link wears the mask while listening to the stories of Anju's Grandmother, then he will not fall asleep. At the end of each story, Anju's Grandmother will ask him a question. If Link gives the appropriate answer for the first story, The Carnival of Time, he will receive a Piece of Heart. He will receive another Piece of Heart for answering "I dunno" to the question asked after her second story about the Four Giants.
- According to a Gossip Stone, the mask was originally used as a torture device of insomnia.
- In The Wind Waker, the All-Night Mask appears alongside the Bunny Hood, Goron Mask, and Keaton Mask behind the counter of the Nintendo Gallery. It can be seen hanging on the wall next to Carlov.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||夜更かしのお面 (Yofukashi no Omen)||Staying-Up-Late Mask|
|FrenchCA||Masque de la nuit blanche (MM3D)|
|FrenchEU||Masque de la Nuit Blanche||Sleepless Night Mask|
|German||Maske der Nacht||Night's Mask|
|Italian||Maschera della veglia (MM3D)||All-Night Mask|
|SpanishEU||Careta para Trasnochar||Mask to Stay up Late|
|SpanishLA||Máscara para transnochar (MM3D)|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 115 (MM)
- "Tonight's bargain is the All-Night Mask for use at bedtime. I forgot when this was made, but it sure is a freaky mask...See? When you put it on, you can try and try to fall asleep, but you won't be able to. Pretty creepy, huh?" — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "All-Night Mask: 500 Rupees. You won't get sleepy if you wear this mask." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- "You got the All-Night Mask! Apparently, this mask won't let you drift off to sleep even if you want to." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "All-Night Mask when you wear it with (C), you don't get sleepy." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "You did a good job remembering. That's the boy I'm proud of. I'll give you some candy as a prize." — Granny (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh, really? But you listened hard, so mother is happy. I'll give you some candy as your prize." — Granny (Majora's Mask)
- "A torture device of insomnia called the All-Night Mask seems to be available at the Curiosity Shop..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
|Masks in Majora's Mask|