Agitha is a young, self-proclaimed princess around the age of 10. She lives in her Castle in Castle Town. She loves to dress in gothic-style clothes and pretend to be a princess of the insect kingdom in her own little castle house. She had sent out invitations to the Golden Bugs to come to her ball. There are twelve types of bugs, each species having both a male and female for 24 bugs total. She believes that they have each gotten lost on their way, so she requests that Link find all 24 Bugs for her. For each Bug Link gives her, she gives him 50 Rupees. For each time he completes a pair, she gives him 100 Rupees. When Link gives her the first Bug, she gives him the Big Wallet. After taking all 24 bugs to Agitha, Link receives the Giant Wallet. If Link leaves her castle when he still has Golden Bugs on hand, she will whisper that she knows he still has some, accompanied by a low growl.
In Twilight Princess HD, upon delivering half of the Bugs to her, she will give Link a Stamp of her that can be used in Miiverse. Additionally, if Link obtains a Wallet upgrade from the Cave of Shadows before obtaining both Wallet upgrades from Agitha, she will reward him with the Colossal Wallet upon bringing her all 24 Bugs.
Although she is a bit delusional, she is very kind and caring. She is one of the few characters who is not afraid of Wolf Link, but rather, asks if he would like to play with her, as she thinks he is a puppy. She apologizes for not being able to speak puppy, indicating she thinks that Wolf Link wants to tell her something. Sometimes she can be found outside the southern gates of Hyrule Castle Town during the daytime before Link has brought her all 24 Bugs; she states she is looking for bugs in the flowers. This is the only time she carries her trademark parasol and basket with her. If Link speaks to her around sunset when she is walking back to the city, she says she is heading home and if Link wants to talk to her, he should come visit her at her posh castle.
- The first time Link talks to Agitha, she thinks he is an insect. The insect she calls Link depends on the tunic he is wearing. It can be a giant grasshopper, jewel beetle, or scarab beetle. The third result is impossible to see in the original game because Link cannot afford the Magic Armor's 598 Rupee price without the Big Wallet. In Twilight Princess HD it is possible to obtain the Big Wallet from the Cave of Shadows to obtain the Magic Armor before talking to her.
- In Hyrule Warriors, Agitha claims to have learned how to pick locks from termites.
Agitha's name may be based on the Agatha genus of snails.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||アゲハ (Ageha)||Ageha is a contraction of 揚羽蝶 (swallowtail butterfly).|
|FrenchEU||Princesse Machaon||Princess Swallowtail|
From papilio machaon, the old world swallowtail.
|Italian||Xenia||Etymological equivalent of the name "Agatha", meaning "generosity".|
An outdated name for the Ethemia genus of moths.
|Korean||프린세스 호나 (Peurinseseu Hona)||Princess Hona|
Hona is a corruption of 호랑나비 (swallowtail butterfly).
|SpanishEU||Maripola||Corruption of mariposa.|
Agitha's Don Gero's Mask Costume from the Termina Map from Hyrule Warriors
|Hyrule Warriors Agitha – Parasol gameplay|
- "From Twilight Princess, Midna and Agitha join the battle." — Hyrule Warriors Direct, YouTube, published August 4, 2014.
Though not actually royalty, she calls herself "Princess of Bugs" due to her expertise in bug catching." — Nintendo, Characters - The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess HD for Wii U, Zelda.com, published n.d., retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Princess of Insects?" — Nintendo, Wii U -- Hyrule Warriors Trailer with Agitha and a Parasol, YouTube (Video), published July 9, 2014, retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Agitha, Princess of the Insect Kingdom" — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors Legends)
- "Butterflies surrounded Agitha and lifted her up to the sky." — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 276 (TP)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — PRIMA Official Game Guide by Prima Games pg. 15
- "I don't know if they got lost on the way or what...but they're not here, that's for sure. If you see them, would you please bring them here to Agitha's Castle? And tell them the princess awaits!" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "I've invited the 24 golden bugs of the world to the ball, but…" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "Allow me to share this happiness with you!" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "Oh, yes! We have a pair! Don't those li'l bugs look happy?! As a symbol of my royal gratitude, please accept this!" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "…You actually went bug hunting for me, didn't you? To be honest, I doubted you would… I guess some might consider me a poor-mannered princess… From now on, if you bring me insects, I'll share my happiness with you. You can keep it in this!" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "The wallet given to you by Agitha, princess of the insect kingdom. It can hold 600 Rupees." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Oh! This means all the bugs have made it to the ball safely! Hee hee hee… And everyone has a partner. They all look so happy… You worked very hard. Your efforts will forever be passed down in the insect kingdom, brave knight. Please accept this declaration of honorable citizenship and the memento that goes along with it." — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "You got the giant wallet! It's a symbol of a distinguished citizen in the insect kingdom. It can hold up to 1,000 Rupees!" — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "I know you have bugs…" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "Oh, hello, puppy… I'm sorry, but I don't speak puppy. Do you want to play?" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "Why, hello! I'm so sorry, but I was just finishing up here. If there's something you need, you'll simply have to visit me in my posh castle on the other side of the gate." — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- Agitha and Lana in Hyrule Warriors, Famitsu, published June 24, 2014, retrieved June 24, 2014.
- 「ゼルダ無双」公式 on Twitter, Twitter, published 2014-07-01, retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper!" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant jewel beetle!" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant scarab beetle!" — Agitha (Twilight Princess)
- "Tee hee! A pair of termites once taught me that little door opening trick!" — Agitha (Hyrule Warriors)