In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The Adventure of Link Manual Comment
In The Adventure of Link, Aches usually appear in a blue variety found commonly in caves, and sometimes in Trees. Their method of attack is to hang from the branches or ceiling, and swoop down in a pointed arc towards Link, returning to their roosting point. This makes them hard to hit and avoid, but they are rather weak and more of an annoyance than a real threat.
Purple Aches are slightly different from their more common counterparts. Called "Eyes of Ganon" by townsfolk, Aches can disguise themselves in the villages of Hyrule as ordinary Hylians. Almost anyone Link meets in Saria Town or Darunia Town may be an Ache in disguise, and they often reveal themselves and attack if Link talks to them, striking unexpectedly. Not only this, but purple Aches can vary wildly in strength; they usually do minor damage and take a single strike to defeat, but sometimes they may be much stronger and able to withstand a huge number of hits, similar to Bubbles.
In Nabooru Town, a lone red Ache roosts on the ceiling of one building. It will not attack, and if Link jumps up he can speak to it, but it will not say anything. If Link persists, it will break its silence and reveal a secret to him.
The Acheman is a close relative to Aches.
|Names in Other Regions|
An Ache from The Legend of Zelda TV series
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 162 (TAoL)
- "EYES OF GANON ARE EVERYWHERE BE CAREFUL" — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "YOU ARE PERSISTENT FIND HEART OVER OCEAN" — Ache (The Adventure of Link)
- "Quickly, fly to the tower if anyone guards the Triforce of Wisdom." — Ganon (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )
- "It's guarded by Link." — Ache (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 1 )