A Royal Recipe
|A Royal Recipe|
Link can obtain the Quest by speaking to Gotter at the Riverside Stable. There, Gotter will explain that his ancestor was a chef for the Royal Family of Hyrule and that he wishes to taste one of the Recipes that the Royal Family once enjoyed. According to Gotter, the Recipes can be found inside the Castle Library Books in Hyrule Castle.
If Link reads either Castle Library Book inside the Library, he can learn the Recipes to Fruitcake and Monster Cake. Link can return to Gotter to inform him of the discovery and to be tasked with recreating one of the Recipes for his pleasure. Despite this, it is not necessary to infiltrate Hyrule Castle and read either book in order to recreate the cakes. Regardless of whether the Castle Library Books have been read, if Link returns to Gotter with either a Fruitcake or a Monster Cake in his Inventory after receiving the Quest, Gotter will ask to try it. If Link has both cakes in his possession, the Fruitcake will be prioritized. Upon receiving either the Fruitcake or the Monster Cake, Gotter will eat the cake and describe the sensation of finally having eaten it.
Upon finally having experienced his dream of tasting one of the Royal Family's Recipes, Gotter will thank Link and present him with a Silver Rupee, valued at 100 Rupees, completing the Quest. Though it is not formally part of the Quest, Link is capable of presenting both cakes to Gotter in exchange for a Silver Rupee each time.
|1||Gotter, a beautiful man who works the stables, has become completely infatuated with the cuisine once favored by the Hyrulean royal family. Eating it has been his lifelong dream ever since learning one of his ancestors was a chef in Hyrule Castle.|
Some old cookbooks may still be lying around Hyrule Castle.
|Complete||You prepared a meal fit for a king and served it to the lovely stable worker Gotter. The dish was just sublime, and he was most pleased.|
He may even become more beautiful.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||王家秘伝のレシピ (Ōke Hiden no Reshipi)||Secret Royal Recipe|
- "A Royal Recipe
Riverside Stable" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you head north through Hyrule Field, you'll see the castle surrounded by that foul aura. It has long been a den of monsters, but in its glory days it was surely a thing of wondrous beauty. It was in that very castle in those very days that my ancestor... Hmm, my grandfather's grandfather, I believe... Anyway, he worked as the castle's appointed chef! I couldn't believe it myself! Oh, how I wonder what sorts of cuisine members of the royal court enjoyed in those good ol' days... As a child, I would often suffer meager meals, all while dreaming of the beautiful dishes that might have graced my plate. Oh, if only things had been different! Gourmet spiced meat, seafood curry, mushroom risotto, egg pudding... Oh, my, I think I'm salivating. And it's my pursuit of those childhood dreams that explains the fabulous body you see here! These days, I enjoy my time working at these stables, sharing my tales of beauty with any traveler willing to listen. But I still wonder what could have been. Anyway, excuse me... I seem to have caught myself prattling on. But looking upon your perfectly symmetrical face and discussing meals of beauty has rekindled my desire. If you should happen to set foot inside Hyrule Castle, could you find it in you to keep an eye out for a cookbook? There must be one lying around somewhere in there! I'm simply dying to finally sample the food of the royal court." — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)
- "You what?! You really discovered a royal cookbook?" — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)
- "Could I bother you further to prepare the dish for me? I must sample it!" — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Royal Family's Secret Recipe #1
The Princess's Favorite: Fruitcake.
Boil any two (or more) pieces of fruit with Tabantha wheat and cane sugar for a good while.
Eating this dish will apparently clear your head and help you focus on things such as ancient technology research." — Castle Library Book (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Royal Family's Secret Recipe #2
The Chancellor's Favorite: Monster Cake
Stew monster extract, Tabantha wheat, cane sugar, and goat butter for a spell.
It's a dangerous dish that makes your head fuzzy and may even motivate you to plan evil schemes!" — Castle Library Book (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Give him fruitcake.] This... This is the fruitcake said to be eaten by the princess of Hyrule..." — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Give him monster cake.] This monster cake is said to have been a favorite of the minister of Hyrule." — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)
- "Simply...delicious... How could I possibly describe this experience? A refreshing aroma reminiscent of galloping across these majestic planes on horseback... No, that undersells the dish's complexity. It fills me with that heart-thumping intensity that seizes your very soul when you're spotted by a Guardian!" — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)
- "It tastes...beautiful... How can I put it into words? It's like biting into a Chuchu... No, no, that would be disgusting and dangerous. It stimulates the brain, much like being pummeled by a Hinox!" — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)
- "A truly elegant dish! I never thought I would taste something quite so thrilling. I really must thank you for giving me such a beautiful meal! Here, take this. For your trouble." — Gotter (Breath of the Wild)