A Fragmented Monument
|A Fragmented Monument|
Link can obtain the Quest by speaking to Garini in the Palmorae Ruins after obtaining the Camera Rune. Speaking to Garini, he will inform Link that the stone monument at the Palmorae Ruins was recently shattered due to an earthquake. Before breaking, the stone monument bore instructions to summon the Kah Yah Shrine from underground. If Link offers to help decipher the message that was on the complete monument, Garini will ask him to find the missing Monument Shards and return with a picture of the text on each Shard's face. To aid with Link's search, Garini informs him that the text on the Monument Shards glows at night, making them easier to see. Additionally, Garini hints that one Shard is close by to their location.
The first Monument Shard is located in the Palmorae Ruins, near some trees due east of Garini. The second Monument Shard is located among some rocks and flotsam to the west of the Ruins. The third and final Monument Shard sits beneath a palm tree at the tip of Soka Point. Upon bringing pictures of all three Monument Shards, Garini will decipher and recite the full text, which instructs two people to kneel upon the pedestals nearby. In fulfilling this task, the Kah Yah Shrine will rise from the ground, allowing Link entry and completing the Quest.
If Link attempts to initiate the Quest beforehand, Garini will simply wonder what was written on the stone monument without acknowledging his presence.
|1||Garini wants to know what the fragmented stone monument said when it was whole.|
He's asked you to note down with whatever tools you have what each scattered fragment of the monument looks like.
|2||You took pictures of the scattered fragments of the stone monument and showed them to Garini.|
Once assembled, you discovered that the writing on the monument read as follows:
"When the two find their place and kneel in reverence, the shrine will reveal itself."
|Complete||You knelt on one platform as Garini took his place on the other, causing an ancient shrine to appear!|
Garini seemed satisfied as he gazed upon the new discovery.
- "A Fragmented Monument" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, so you're the curious type, too. This stone monument was once much larger, but it broke apart during an earthquake a while back." — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was just examining this stone monument. This place has a very...spiritual aura to it. Do you feel it? I recently realized that there is writing engraved on this stone monument... So now I'm trying to figure out what exactly is written here." — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you really want to help, help me find the missing fragments, will you? They'll be scattered all around. I think the fragments had the same kind of script carved into them... If you find a fragment, please draw a picture of it and bring it to me. I'll be here finishing my examination of this stone monument!" — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "...Oh, right. And the words on the stone monument glow with an eerie light at night... That should make them easier to find. One of them should be right around here. Please find that first!" — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "One of them should be right around here. Please find that first!" — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "Did you find any fragments of the stone monument? [I sure did.] Oh! Hmm... Some of the fragments must still be missing. Well, keep looking. I suppose the waves may have washed some away or pulled them underwater... " — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hrm...hrm... Hmm... Some of the fragments must still be missing. Well, keep looking. I wonder if the currents are strong enough to have carried a fragment all the way to Cape Cresia or Soka Point..." — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wow! Thanks to you, I've deciphered the entire passage! "When the two find their place and kneel in reverence, the shrine will reveal itself." ...Ah! I...haven't the foggiest what that's supposed to mean." — Garini (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hrm... What was written on this stone monument?" — Garini (Breath of the Wild)