|Game(s)||A Link to the Past|
|Other Media||Ancient Stone Tablets|
A Link to the Past comic
A Link to the Past manga
|Weakness(es)||Ice Rod & Fire Rod, Sword|
Trinexx is the boss of Turtle Rock in A Link to the Past and the last dungeon in Ancient Stone Tablets. Its name may be derived from the prefix "tri-" meaning three, and the word "necks," alluding to its three heads. Its first form is a stone turtle with two additional heads protruding from its shell on either side. These extra heads are elemental; the red one spouts flame and the blue one breathes frost.
In order to defeat Trinexx, Link must use the Fire Rod on the blue head and the Ice Rod on the red head to stun them. Because of the high magic cost, it is recommended to bring blue or green potions. After stunning the heads, Link can attack them with the sword to destroy them. It shold be warned that to destroy the ice head first creates a streak of ice across the floor which will cause the hero to lose traction. While attacking, Link must dodge its main head which lashes out at him. After both extra heads are gone, Trinexx then withdraws into itself and its shell will explode, before emerging in a giant snake-like form with a glowing orb in the center of its body. In this form, Trinexx attacks Link directly with its body. To finish the boss, Link must strike the orb three times. Once Trinexx is defeated, Link receives another Heart Container and the crystal containing Princess Zelda.
- Turtle Rock, a mini-boss created from the entrance of the same-named dungeon in Link's Awakening, is very similar to Trinexx and was likely inspired by it.
- In the A Link to the Past comic, the monster Link fights in Turtle Rock is a three-headed dragon, though its body is never shown. As with Trinexx, one of its three heads breaths fire and another breaths ice, but the dragon is never actually called "Trinexx".
- In A Link Between Worlds, Trinexx has a Lorule counterpart called Grinexx.
Trinexx's name contains "tri", meaning three, which alludes to its three heads.
Its Japanese name, デグロック (Degurokku), implies that it has a relation to the Helmasaur King, whose Japanese name is ジークロック (Jīkurokku).
|Names in Other Regions|
Trinexx being summoned by Agahnim in the A Link to the Past manga
- "Link! Watch your back!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 12)
- "Ha ha ha! I followed you all this way..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 16)
- "Move it, hero! Without that head, the monster's fire and ice will mix violently! You can guess what happens next!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 1)
- "Who will survive, the monster or the hero? Arise, three-headed Trinexx! Now... consume the hero!" (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (VIZ Media), pg. 138)
- "Its kinda weak for such a big... ?! Ghanti! Why were you...? Did I do this? What have I done?" (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (VIZ Media), pg. 138)