Shrine of Trials
- Shrine redirects here. For other uses, see Shrine (Disambiguation)
The Oman Au Shrine, one of many Shrines of Trials
There are 120 Shrines scattered throughout Hyrule. The Shrines of Trials appear after the activation of the Sheikah Towers. Link enters the Shrines of Trials by unlocking them via his Sheikah Slate. Shrines that have not yet been unlocked glow an orange light. Shrines glow orange and blue once their entrance has been opened, and glow blue once the trial inside has been completed.
The Shrines each contain a series of traps and obstacles to be overcome as part of a trial. At the end of every Shrine is a Monk, who are the creators of the trials inside. The Monks will present Link a Spirit Orb for successfully reaching them. The first four Shrines of Trials also contain Runes which add functionalities to the Sheikah Slate, bestowing Link with new abilities. Each Shrine contains an incidental treasure alongside the Spirit Orbs bestowed by the Monks.
List of Shrines
|Names in Other Regions|
|EnglishUK||Shrine of Trials|
|Japanese||試練の祠 (Shiren no Hokora)|
|SpanishLA||Santuario de la voluntad|
- "See that glowing structure there? That light appeared at the exact moment those towers rose from the ground." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am Keh Namut, the creator of this trial." — Keh Namut (Breath of the Wild)
- "You've conquered all of the shrine trials. The monks have prepared a gift for just such an occasion. Head to the Forgotten Temple where the oldest statue of the Goddess stands to see what they have left for you there." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Inside, you found a special green outfit made especially for the hero who braved the wilderness alone." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)