Marks of the Goddesses
|Marks of the Goddesses|
The Mark of Din, Farore, and Nayru, respectively
The Marks of the Goddesses are crests that represent each of the Golden Goddesses. These marks, known as the Mark of Din, Mark of Farore, and Mark of Nayru, appear in places or items related to the goddesses. Although these marks are often associated with the creators of Hyrule, they are also identified with the attributes of the goddesses: Power, Courage, and Wisdom.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Zora's Sapphire, or the Spiritual Stone of Water, is shaped in likeness to the Mark of Nayru. In actuality, the Spiritual Stones are shaped in the form of the Kokiri, Goron, and Zora emblems. However, only the Zora's emblem is represented by a Mark of the Goddess (Nayru); the Kokiri and Goron emblems—and thus the Spiritual Stones of Forest and Fire—are not.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, the marks represent the tunes played in the Harp of Ages. The "Tune of Echoes" bears Farore's mark, the "Tune of Currents" bears Din's mark, and the "Tune of Ages" bears Nayru's mark.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, it is said that Din's Pearl, Farore's Pearl, and Nayru's Pearl were handed down to Valoo, the Great Deku Tree, and Jabun by the goddesses themselves, respectively. These three pearls, known as the Goddess Pearls, are each placed on the three statues resembling the Golden Goddesses located in each of the Triangle Islands found across the Great Sea to rise the Tower of the Gods from beneath the waves.
The Spirit Gems from Phantom Hourglass also contain the marks, each representing the attribute of the correspondent Golden Goddess. The Power Gem features the mark of Din, the Courage Gem features the mark of Farore, and the Wisdom Gem features the mark of Nayru. The marks can also be seen on certain doors in the Temple of the Ocean King. The Door of Power, the Door of Courage and the Door of Wisdom bear the mark of Din, the mark of Farore and the mark of Nayru respectively.
The marks of the Goddesses are predominately displayed in Skyward Sword. All three marks can be found inside the Sky Keep in each of the rooms where a Triforce piece is hidden. Link must strike the Goddess Sword into the mark so that it may transport him to the area containing part of the sacred relic.
The mark of Farore is seen near the Viewing Platform of the Faron Woods and also partially on the door leading to Lake Floria. To access the lake, Link must complete the symbol by drawing the missing circle using the Goddess Sword. The mark of Nayru is visible in doors inside the Sandship.
Every side of the Sealing Spike has a different Goddess Mark on it.
A Link Between Worlds
- "The symbol visible on the floor here is the mark of Din." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The design carved into the floor there is the mark of Farore." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "I have identified the design on the floor there as the mark of Nayru." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Din, Nayru, and Farore each left a crest behind. Each of these symbols—the crests of power, wisdom, and courage—can be found in a location related to its respective goddess." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 70)
- "The water spirit Jabun was kind enough to give you this jewel, a treasure of one of the goddesses!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "You received Din's Pearl! This is the gem the Ritos claim was passed down from the great goddess!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "You received Farore's Pearl! The earth spirit, the Deku Tree, has seen fit to give you this jewel, a treasure of the goddess, Farore." — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "Wandering traveler who seeks the guidepost of the goddesses... Place the pearl you hold here." — Goddess Statue (The Wind Waker)
- "I detect the sacred power of the Triforce emanating from its vicinity." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Mark of Farore||Mark of Nayru||Mark of Din|
|SpanishLA||Simbolo de Farore||Simbolo de Nayru||Simbolo de Din|
|FrenchCA||Emblème de Farore||Emblème de Nayru||Emblème de Din|