An overview of the Hidden Village
|Item(s)||Ancient Sky Book|
Piece of Heart
Features and Overview
Prior to the events in Twilight Princess, the Hidden Village served as the secret home to the Sheikah tribe; however, due to the prolonged wars, the tribe dwindled and the town fell into decline, becoming infested with Bulblins and leaving only one resident, Impaz.
Early in Link's quest, entry into the village is blocked off due to a rockslide that happened long ago. After Link shows the Wooden Statue to Ilia during the retrieval of her memory, she remembers that someone saved her from monsters and is still in danger. Gor Coron recalls where he has seen the Wooden Statue before, which leads Link to the Hidden Village. Link goes there to rescue the one who helped Ilia with the aid of Darbus, who breaks through the rocks to clear the young hero's path ahead. When Link first visits the town, it is infested by many Bulblins, all of which he must slay in order to rescue Ilia's helper. The only other resident of the village, Impaz, comes out of her home after Link slays every single one of the beasts. Thanking the young hero for his help in defeating the Bulblins, she hands Link the Horse Call, an item Ilia gave to Impaz before escaping the Hidden Village.
Shortly after Ilia recovers her memory with the aid of the Horse Call, Link returns to the Hidden Village and shows the Dominion Rod to Impaz. The old woman recognizes the rod upon seeing it and gives the young hero the Ancient Sky Book, which is only to be carried by the messenger to the heavens. It is with the help of this book that Link eventually reaches the City in the Sky.
Most of the buildings in the village were abandoned and ruined by the Bulblins, and as such, only Impaz's house is still fit for residence. Impaz's house is also home to several cats that she takes care of. In the backyard of one of the abandoned buildings, Link can find a Howling Stone as well as a Cucco who asks Link, in wolf form, to play a game with the cats in exchange for a Piece of Heart. The various stray felines wandering the village will play the mini-game with Wolf Link where he has to talk to each individual cat at least once.
- The Hidden Village shares a connection with Old Kasuto, which is also a ghost town with a single resident.
- Throughout the village, several posters can be found that say the word "Wanted" written in Hyrulean text. The posters have a drawing of an unknown man with a mustache and goatee, along with an apparent reward of 1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) Rupees.
- The village also resembles a classic ghost town from Western films. Its theme music resembles the score by Ennio Morricone for the classic Western films A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- The music that plays in the Hidden Village is featured as a track in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, on the Bridge of Eldin stage.
- A sign at the entrance to the village reads "Welcome to Old Kakarico" in Hylian.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishEU||Pueblo Olvidado||Forgotten Village|
- "If you want to find that hidden village, look for a path leading to the Lanayru province on the far side of the Bridge of Eldin." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- "That belonged to the tribe that protected the Hylian royal family long ago. They worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place. But I heard that tribe dwindled in the prolonged wars..." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- "My name is Impaz. I'm the last resident of this poor village." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "This village was once the secret home of a proud tribe who served the royal family...But it fell into decline, and became infested with dangerous beasts. It's become an awful place..." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "But...a rockslide blocked the way to the village long ago, so you can't get there anymore." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- "There are 30... No... At most, 20 of them ahead...They are probably just a small band of survivors...Ragged remnants who have settled, leaderless, into this village. If that is all there are, little human, then you alone are more than enough for them. But you will have to defeat them ALL to save that girl's benefactor." — Darbus (Twilight Princess)
- "Oh, but listen to me blather on! I have a favor to ask: would you help me return this to her? I think she always kept it close to her heart, but even so, she didn't hesitate to part with it in order to protect me... I believe in my heart that it's kept me safe all this time..." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "From generation to generation, my ancestors have guarded the book that, by royal decree, was to be given to the messenger to the heavens. This is that book. Please, take it. This book is written in the ancient language of Sky Writing." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)