|Use(s)||Revealing an enemy's health meter|
The Hero's Charm is an item in The Wind Waker.
Location and Uses
The Hero's Charm is obtained in Windfall Island by giving Mrs. Marie 40 Joy Pendants. The Cabana Deed must be obtained first from her after handing 20 Joy Pendants. In The Wind Waker HD, the Hero's Charm is found in a Treasure Chest in the last floor of the Savage Labyrinth.
When equipped, the Hero's Charm reveals the life meter of any targeted enemy, appearing as a red bar next to it. The mask also functions during boss battles, only instead with an longer life bar at the bottom of the screen. The Hero's Charm can be equipped or unequipped anytime in the Quest Status screen.
The Hero's Charm cannot show the life meter of Puppet Ganon and Ganondorf. This is likely because Puppet Ganon can only be defeated with Light Arrows, which deal no set amount of damage, while Ganondorf does not have a predetermined amount of life energy and can only be defeated at a certain point in the final battle.
- The Hero's Charm marks the first time in The Legend of Zelda series that an enemy's life meter can be visualized. While boss fights in The Adventure of Link feature a life meter, ordinary enemies do not.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||勇者のお守り (Yūsha no Omamori)||Hero's Charm|
|Spanish||Amuleto de héroe||Hero's Amulet|
|French||Amulette du Héros|
|Italian||Amuleto dell'Eroe||Hero's Amulet|
- "I have no choice but to unleash pure joy on you! Prepare for an onrush of joy the likes of which you've never imagined!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "To tell you the truth, I'd actually like about 20 of them." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I own my very own cabana in a tropical oasis down south. But lately I haven't made use of it at all, so you can have it!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "You got the Hero's Charm! This mystical trinket gives you the ability to see the life forces of your foes!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)