| This article or section does not sufficiently cite its sources.
Please help by introducing appropriate citations.
Artwork of the Fire Arrow
from Majora's Mask
|Other media||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
|Use(s)||Granting the power of fire to the Arrows|
|Comparable Item(s)||Ice Arrow|
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Fire Arrows are obtained in Lake Hylia as an adult. Link must stand on top of the plaque above the Water Temple's entrance and shoot an Arrow at the sun just as it begins to rise. The Arrow will freeze in mid air and fall on an island in the lake, where Link can pick it up, granting him the ability to use Fire Arrows. It is not necessary to complete the Water Temple to obtain the Fire Arrows, as Link can collect them by using the "Scarecrow's Song" and the Longshot or by using a Magic Bean plant.
Fire Arrows can be used to lit torches that are too far away for Din's Fire to reach. They use two Magic Points per Arrow. They are not necessary for completion of the game, as a combination of Din's Fire and shooting an Arrow through an already lit torch can be used to clear puzzles involving the Fire Arrows. However, Fire Arrows are needed to complete the Master Quest version of the game, as they are used to burn the webs on the ceiling of the Spirit Barrier in Ganon's Castle, which Din's Fire is unable to reach.
In Majora's Mask, the Fire Arrows are obtained in the Snowhead Temple after defeating a Wizzrobe. Each Arrow fired uses Magic Points, but if there are not enough then the Arrow will simply be unpowered when released. They are used to complete various puzzles, particularly in the Snowhead area. These puzzles usually involve melting ice or lighting several torches at a fast pace. Fire Arrows are also used to burn away the curtains blocking the sunlight during the battle with Igos du Ikana and his two servants in the Ancient Castle of Ikana.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Link can receive the Fire Arrows as well as the Ice Arrows at the Mother and Child Isles after learning the "Ballad of Gales." He must warp inside the rock structure located in the isle in order to meet the Fairy Queen, who will grant him the power to wield these special Arrows; however, the Fairy Queen will not hand over the ability to use them until Link has rescued his sister, Aryll, from the Forsaken Fortress.
Fire Arrows are needed to melt the ice surrounding Ice Ring Isle, where Link obtains the Iron Boots. They also must be used to burn away curtains within the Earth Temple. Fire Arrows do twice as much damage than regular Arrows.
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
In Breath of the Wild, Fire Arrows are considered separate ammunition from standard Arrows. They do not deplete Link's supply of regular Arrows nor require Magic Power to use. They can be found in various locations in Hyrule and are effective against cold-based enemies and obstacles. However, they are ineffective in the rain, as it causes the fire to fizzle out.
- Contrary to The Wind Waker, Fire Arrows in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask do not deal more damage than regular Arrows.
- In Ocarina of Time, enemies may be harmed by Din's Fire but not by Fire Arrows, provided they are unharmed by regular Arrows. An example are ReDeads, which take no damage from any variety of Arrows, but can be defeated by two uses of Din's Fire. Freezards and Anubis are unharmed by regular Arrows, but take damage from Fire Arrows and from Din's Fire.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||炎の矢 (Honō no Ya) (BotW)||Fire Arrow|
|SpanishEU||Flecha de Fuego||Fire Arrow|
|SpanishLA||Flecha de fuego (OoT3D, MM3D)||Fire arrow|
|FrenchEU||Flèche de Feu||Fire Arrow|
|FrenchCA||Flèche de feu (OoT3D, MM3D)||Fire arrow|
|Italian||Freccia di Fuoco (OoT3D, MM3D)||Fire Arrow|
- "When water fills the lake, shoot for the morning light." — Plaque (Ocarina of Time)
- "Fire Arrow 2 MP" (Ocarina of Time manual, pg. 24)
- "You got the Fire Arrow! Set it to (C) to power up your arrows. Things will heat up when they hit!" — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "In the world of Termina there are three types of Magic Arrows. When you shoot them, magic will be consumed in units displayed as MP (magic points). When you run out of Magic Power, the effect of the magic arrows will be lost." (Majora's Mask manual, pg. 31)
- "To counter the rage of the King of Ikana Castle, burn away that which disrupts the light and shine the sacred rays on the King." — Garo Ninja (Majora's Mask)
- "I like you. And so, I shall give new power to the bow that you wield. Ice Arrows can freeze the hottest flames, and Fire Arrows can melt the coldest ice." — Fairy Queen (The Wind Waker)
- Nintendo Plays Zelda On Nintendo Switch With Tim - Kinda Funny Plays, YouTube (Video), published January 22, 2017, retrieved January 30, 2017.