|Other media||Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love|
|Use(s)||Access Kanalet Castle, Trade for Stick, luring Masaru down a tree.|
The Bananas are the fourth item in the Trading Sequence of Link's Awakening. Bananas are available at Sale's House O' Bananas on Toronbo Shores. Once Link receives a can of Dog Food from a Chain Chomp who lives in a side room of Madam MeowMeow's house, the can of Dog Food can then be given to Sale, who in turn will give Link one of his many bunches of bananas. The Bananas then have to be given to Kiki, a hungry monkey found near the moat of Kanalet Castle. He will repay Link by building a bridge across the moat, with the help of his monkey brethren. Upon leaving, the monkeys will leave behind the Stick, which is the next item in the sequence.
It is required to give the Bananas to Kiki to access Kanalet Castle for the first time. This is the first of two parts in the Link's Awakening Trading Sequence that is mandatory to complete the game.
Oracle of Seasons
The Spring Banana is an item found in Oracle of Seasons. They are found on Holodrum's Mt. Cucco. Their only purpose is to be given to Moosh, so that he will help Link obtain the Dragon Key. They are Moosh's favorite treat, and they may only be found during the spring.
Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
In Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, bananas can be used to lure the monkey Masaru down from a tree. They cost 30 Rupees a piece, and can be bought from a nearby shop which is located on Page 6, Page 7, and Page 8. However, the shop will only sell them to Tingle while he is on Page 6.
- In Link's Awakening, Kiki the Monkey makes a reference to the Chiquita brand of bananas, saying "Chi-kiita! Chi-kiita!".
- Among several other items, a Subrosian can be seen tossing a Spring Banana into a pit of lava in an attempt to make the volcanoes of Subrosia erupt.
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishEU||Plátano de Primavera|
- "What's that you have?! It's canned food! For heaven's sake, man, give that Dog Food to ME!! PLEASE!" — Sale (Link's Awakening)
- "I know it's not a fair trade, but here's some bananas!" — Sale (Link's Awakening)
- "Chi-kiita! Chi-kiita! Kiki the monkey! Hungry! Kiki the monkey!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening)
- "You found a stick a monkey left behind... You take it!" — N/A (Link's Awakening)
- "Delicious Spring Bananas! There's a tree on the top of Mt. Cucco, but with the seasons like this, there may be no fruit." — N/A (Link's Awakening)
|Link's Awakening Trade Sequence|
|Yoshi Doll > Ribbon > Dog Food > Bananas > Stick > Honeycomb > Pineapple > Hibiscus > Letter > Broom > Fishing Hook > Necklace > Scale > Magnifying Lens|