Ballad of the Wind Fish
Link playing the "Ballad of the Wind Fish"
in Majora's Mask
|Other Media||Hyrule Warriors|
Hyrule Warriors Legends
|Instrument(s)||Eight Instruments of the Sirens (LA)|
|Power(s)||Awakening the Wind Fish (LA)|
Obtaining the Troupe Leader's Mask (MM)
|Learned in||Mabe Village (LA)|
Milk Bar (MM)
The "Ballad of the Wind Fish" is a recurring song in The Legend of Zelda series.
In Link's Awakening, the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" is also known as the "song of awakening," for it has the ability to awaken sleeping people. A girl named Marin, who lives in Mabe Village of Koholint Island, can be seen in the village's square singing the song. When Link obtains the Ocarina, Marin will teach him the song. The "Ballad of the Wind Fish" is used to wake Walrus blocking the entrance to the Yarna Desert. It is also used to open the Wind Fish's Egg after acquiring all Eight Instruments of the Sirens. After defeating the Shadow Nightmares, Link plays the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" to awaken the Wind Fish, making the island disappear.
The "Ballad of the Wind Fish" can be heard multiple times on certain occasions. In the opening scene of the game, some notes of the song can be heard playing in the background. Part of the song also plays when Link acquires any of the Eight Instruments of the Sirens. A remixed version of the song is used as the Southern Face Shrine theme. The song also plays during the final scene, the credits, the secret ending, and the game over screen.
While in the Milk Bar, Toto, the manager of the Indigo-Go's, asks Link to play the song as a sound check, with each part of the song played by one of Link's transformations. Gorman, who also sits in the Milk Bar, becomes nostalgic upon hearing the song and, as thanks for playing it, rewards Link with the Troupe Leader's Mask.
Tri Force Heroes
- A remix of the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" from Link's Awakening was meant to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl but was later dropped.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French|| Balade du Poisson-Rêve (LA)
Ballade to Poisson du Vent (MM)
| Ballad of the Dream Fish|
Ballad of the Wind Fish
|Italian||Ballata del pesce vento (MM3D)||Ballad of the Wind Fish|
Link and Marin duet
The ballad played on the Ocarina
The ballad played with two Instruments of the Sirens
The ballad played with three Instruments of the Sirens
The ballad played with four Instruments of the Sirens
The ballad played with five Instruments of the Sirens
The ballad played with six Instruments of the Sirens
The ballad played with seven Instruments of the Sirens
- "Her "Ballad of the Wind Fish" is a song of awakening!" — Owl (Link's Awakening)
- "PLAY THE EIGHT INSTRUMENTS! PLAY THE SONG OF AWAKENING!" — Wind Fish (Link's Awakening)
- "The Indigo-Go's is the popular group that we Zora are so proud of. They've put out a lot of songs. One of their hits is "Ballad of the Wind Fish." You know that song, don't you? Huh? You don't? Really? Even one that famous?" — Toto (Majora's Mask)
- "We were scheduled to do a show, but it got canceled. This place has a reputation for being a great live venue, so it's a shame. I'd like to do a sound check, though. I just want to see what it would have been like... Hey, you! Could you help me with a performance?" — Toto (Majora's Mask)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl Missing Music, The Cutting Room Floor, retrieved July 15, 2015.